Consultancy: Face to Face Manager
The Private Sector Fundraising Section, UNICEF Thailand Country Office is seeking an individual consultant to assist in implementing and managing UNICEF’s in-house Face to Face programme.
Under the supervision of Fund Raising Officer, the consultant will perform the following tasks:
- Recruiting, training and retaining a new fundraising team ensuring in-house activity that maximizes net income for UNICEF.
- Monitoring cumulative, monthly and weekly performance of teams and individuals, identifying and acting on areas where improvement is needed.
- Taking responsibility for progress of target and implementing any necessary action to protect net income in the face of unforeseen events.
- Exercising rigorous attention to cost effectiveness and taking action maximizing ROI through initiatives including: staff retention; critical review of process and procedures; and monitoring of fundraiser performance by longer-term donor retention results.
- Developing a Quality Assurance activity to ensure fundraising is high quality.
- Providing leadership by setting high team standards. Ensuring the team leaders provide motivational and results focused management of team members.
- Being in the field as much as possible ensuring the team is fulfilling target requirements and correct levels of motivation are being maintained through effective coaching and leadership skills.
- Managing recruitment as to ensure that shift levels are consistently meeting set targets.
- Ensuring that full and proper training is carried out for all face to face fundraisers.
- Providing regular feedback on how this activity has performed to the Fundraising team in Thailand.
- Ensuring that the face to face database is accurate and updated weekly with regards to fundraiser hours and pledges.
- Managing the Administration Assistant and ensure that they carry out their activities effectively, including their ability to obtain effective sites within budget.
The consultant would be paid on a monthly basis upon completion of the following assignments:
- To have met all donor KPIs set out in the budget, including (but not limited to) volume, average gift and retention.
- To have managed external agencies effectively, ensuring that they are meeting their agreed targets.
- To have met the shift target as set out in the budget on a consistent basis, including the number of team leaders by successful recruitment and staff retention.
- To have one or more members of staff with the skills to cover the Face to Face Manager in their absence.
- To have consistently obtained a sufficient volume of quality sites whilst working within the budget.
- To have received minimal complaints and high quality mystery shopping reports.
- Overall, to have developed a strong team of motivated fundraisers and a pool of potential candidates that could expand the face to face activity in other regions.
Estimated Duration of Contract: 11.5 months over the period of 16 February 2016 – 31 January 2017 (with possibility of extension). The consultant is expected to work 5 days per week including one Saturday/Sunday a week.
Official Travel: Travel in and around Bangkok on a daily basis.
Qualifications or Specialized Knowledge/Experience Required:
- University degree in related field, i.e. Marketing, Communication, preferred.
- A minimum of four years of relevant experience in the field of supporting sales/marketing or fundraising combined with some administrative work experience.
- Experience in Face-to-Face Fundraising, Management or Sales is preferred.
- Understanding of UNICEF brand and general knowledge of UNICEF activities.
- Good communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Tact, discretion, self-starter and good judgment.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Computer proficiency.
- Approachable, outgoing, resourceful and an eagerness to learn.
- Highly Proficient in both Thai and English (verbal and written).
Interested candidates are requested to submit CV or P11, full contact information of minimum 2 references, availability, and proposed monthly professional fee in THB by 29 January 2016 to email@example.com
Only short listed candidates will be notified.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Bangkok
- Grade: N/A - Level not specified
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-01-29