INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Tbilisi | Washington D.C
CARE is seeking an Internal Communications Manager that will aligns and integrates all major all-staff communications to ensure the two-way exchange of strategic, relevant and timely information among the executive management team and staff. The manager will create and manage a comprehensive strategy that aligns messaging with CARE’s business priorities and objectives, and fosters communication in multiple directions to provide timely and forthright information and enable CARE staff to actively contribute to the organization’s success. Support the President and CEO with internal and external messaging, drafting of correspondence and talking points, presentations, adapting and revising speeches. Work in close consultations with external communications to align key messages and information across the organization and to external audiences.
The Internal Communications Manager will be responsible for drafting and editing a variety of internal communication vehicles, disseminating key Executive Management Team (EMT) priorities to employees worldwide in a timely, impactful and cost-effective manner; providing opportunities for staff to communicate with the EMT (such as unit brown bags, CO WebEx); building relationships and collaboration across CI. The Manager will also advise senior managers on communications plans to achieve their desired intent and enabling optimal use of resources like the portal, SharePoint and building monitors and collaborate with staff throughout the organization to ensure a productive two-way flow of information.
- Supporting the President with internal and external messaging. Drafting and revising talking points, correspondence, all staff messages, and monthly communications to the Board, presentations, and adapting and revising speeches. Close coordination with marketing and communications team to synchronize internal and external communications and promote key information/messages across the organization and to external audiences
- Develop and execute internal communications plan for the organization; ensuring strategic, relevant, timely information sharing between Executive Management Team and staff through a variety of tools like Global Town Hall, newsletters, staff engagement opportunities, social media and new technologies to communicate with staff.
- In close collaboration with marketing and communications, ensure preparedness for internal communications crisis situations and serve as primary point of contact for change management communications for organizational initiatives including development of communication strategies for a variety of situations and contingency planning
- Bachelor's degree in communications or related field;
- 5 years of experience in executive/internal communications, knowledge of development and international affairs;
- At least 5 years of experience in a variety of communications positions, including managerial responsibilities, providing a broad network of excellent relationships with senior management and staff at all levels of the organization;
- Solid knowledge of international development work;
- Understanding of evolving communications technologies and measurements of communications effectiveness;
- Proven ability to communicate with and successfully reach culturally and ethnically diverse target audiences;
- Experience with issue management and public advocacy;
- Initiative to solve problems with energy and a positive attitude;
- Ability to translate and convey sophisticated, sometimes sensitive, information to target audiences;
- Demonstrable sound business judgment when determining what to communicate, when to communicate, and how to communicate;
- Ability to translate complex, strategic content into engaging, easy-to-understand messages that create commitment to the organization and its goals;
- Experience with best communication practices with Social Media and new technologies;
- Experience with multi-media (audio, video, publications, computer based vehicles etc) and understanding of SharePoint, InfoPath, digital signage and other internal communications vehicles as plus;
- Ability to independently manage multiple complex projects simultaneously;
- SharePoint and Office 365 skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Windows software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
To apply for this position, please visit our website at http://chc.tbe.taleo.net/chc02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CAREUSA&cws=1&rid=2957
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply.
CARE USA is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE's career website at any time.
- Organization: CARE - USA
- Location: Tbilisi | Washington D.C
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-01-28