Site Manager Gatsibo District
POSITION TITLE: Site Manager
LOCATION: Gatsibo District (Nyabiheke Refugee Camp)
DEPARTMENT OR COUNTRY PROGRAM: Rwanda
RESPONSIBLE TO: Senior Program Coordinator
STATUS: Full time – Rwanda Nationals only
SUPERVISORY CAPACITY: Supervise all activities and staff in the camp / site.
The overall goal of ARC’s program in Rwanda is to build increased resilience and self-reliance of communities affected by displacement and their host communities using innovation, social-entrepreneurship, co-creation and increased country ownership through continued protection, stronger economic empowerment, improved food security & nutrition, and environmental protection.
ARC is looking for an outstanding Rwandan candidate to fill the position of Site Manager to oversee its operations in the Nyabiheke refugee camp and the surrounding host community in Gatsibo District, Eastern Province.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Site Manager provides leadership to ensure the smooth functioning of all ARC activities in the Nyabiheke refugee camp and surrounding host community. He/she is responsible for the management of all program activities, operations and logistics, finance, administration and human resources in coordination with the country office and with support from different functional departments and technical team. The Site Manager is supervised daily by the Senior Program Coordinator.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY/PRIMARY DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
Program Management & Development
- Responsible for the implementation of all sector activities in Nyabiheke camp (Health, Shelter & Infrastructure, Livelihoods & Economic Recovery, Nutrition and Food Security) in line with the work plan, the available budgets and with donor requirements;
- Ensure timely production and collection of work plans and reports of different sectors;
- Liaise with the Senior Program Coordinator, Country Director, Logistics & Operations Manager and Finance Controller for efficient utilization of all resources;
- Represent ARC in coordination and planning meetings at the local level and when necessary at central level,
- Liaise with authorities, donors, refugee leaders and stakeholder at camp level;
- Participate in the development of new programs or expansion of existing programs.
Quality Control, Monitoring and Evaluation, Learning and Communications
- Provide leadership in the implementation for adequate monitoring and evaluation of program activities and results;
- Support the M&E Officer in evaluations, surveys and provision of relevant data and reports;
- Prepare timely and quality narrative reports for donors, government, HQ and others as required and take the lead in insuring accurate monitoring & evaluation;
- Provide the M&E officer with all relevant support and information for the ARC Rwanda database.
- Collaborate with ARC’s Technical Advisors to support M&E and quality of programs;
- Document lessons learned from the project ;
- Contribute regularly to the communications department with content: articles, photos, etc;
- Provide all relevant documents and reports for the electronic filing system kept at country office.
- Conduct regular spot-check and audits of all aspects of program to insure compliance with standards, rules & policies and to improve quality;
Operations, Logistics & Administration
- Provide oversight on all financial and administrative matters in collaboration with Finance ;
- Provide oversight and insure performance of all supply chain management at camp level with support from Logistics department including the procurement process, delivery of supplies, accounting of physical assets, inventory and stock management of all ARC equipment, property, vehicles and furnishings;
- Act as security focal point for the camp and surrounding area and report any incidents to the Country Director.
- Manage and supervise all human resources in the camp with support from the HR department;
- Conduct timely performance evaluations for coordinators and ensure evaluations carried out for all staff;
- Work closely together with the HR department to carry out regular competence and skills gap analysis;
- Provide or source technical assistance and capacity building (in collaboration with HR department) for field staff.
General Areas of responsibility
- Undertake other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Senior Programs Coordinator and/or Country Director
- Promote the mission and organisational values of ARC and ensure that these are reflected within the areas of responsibility.
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Master degree in Management, Development, International Relations, Project Management, Social Sciences or any related field from a renowned University;
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with development or relief organizations working in complex emergency situations and/or development settings, including refugees, returnees, displaced, vulnerable and/or war affected populations;
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing development/relief programs at a senior level;
- Previous international work and life experience outside of Rwanda is highly desirable;
- Experience in management of staff is mandatory;
- Experience in operations and logistics management including supply chain management is preferable;
- Experience and/or knowledge of market based approaches to development and economic recovery programming (micro-finance, livelihoods, building in camp economies, business development services etc.) a plus;
- Good technical knowledge of camp management and some of the following programming sectors: health and nutrition, food security, HIV/AIDS, shelter and infrastructures, WASH;
- Familiarity with private, US government and multilateral donors;
- High proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English. Fluency in French and Kinyarwanda preferable;
- Proficiency in the use of computers and standard applications: Word and Excel etc.
KEY BEHAVIORS & ABILITIES
- Strong intercultural skills and high tolerance to uncertainty required;
- Diplomatic skills and strong abilities to resolve conflicts and build relations with governmental partners and other stakeholders;
- Participative team leadership with capacity to listen and mobilize;
- Strong project and results based management skills;
- Strong work ethics. Appetite for transparency and accountability ;
- Demonstrated organization and planning skills;
- Capacity to work independently in a fast pace environment and deliver results with tight deadlines;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English;
- Team player with strong leadership skills;
Please note that this position is open for Rwandese Nationals only. Qualified members of Rwandan Diaspora living abroad and women are encouraged to apply.
ARC would like to thank all candidates for their interest but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Organization: ARC - American Refugee commitee
- Location: Kigali
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-02-05