PSS Coordinator ( National Staff Only)
Gaziantep (Turkey) | Ankara
Position: PSS Coordinator
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Reports to: PSS Specialist
Duration: 6 Months
About RI: Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, nonprofit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
Under the supervision of the Psycho-social Support Specialist , the Psycho-social Support Coordinator will be responsible for strengthening the quality and implementation of RI’s psycho-social support programs which are a key part and main component of SEAP project t that target the out-of-school children and adolescent in Gaziantep. The PSS Coordinator will work closely with education team in community centers.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide strategies in designing planned interventions for challenging of children and adolescents.
- On site assessment, evaluation, and feedback sessions to identify student symptoms or behaviors.
- Problem solving, support, supervision of students related to Community Center activities.
- Organize focus group discussions with the beneficiaries to make sure the development of their resilience and protection and the effectiveness of the activities provided.
- With full coordination with PSS Specialist, refer the vulnerable cases that need special care to external specialized services
- Support family in achieving rehabilitative goals, monitor medication compliance and provide emergency crisis intervention.
- Design new PSS activities in line with the feedbacks and the evaluations of the beneficiaries
- Report weekly PSS activities to the PSS specialist
- Submit weekly and monthly plans to the PSS Specialist.
- Submit attendance records on a weekly basis.
- Monitor and support the CFS animators in implementing recreational activities.
- Provide technical support to the CFS animators in implementing the PSS and Child protection activities.
- Design and facilitate PSS training workshops for all the education staff working in the CC
- Provide PSS activity schedules for the CFS animators.
- Participate in designing training, workshops and events held in the Center or the community
- Coordinate with the Teacher Coordinator & Center coordinator to schedule the PSS Activities
- Coordinate with the Center Coordinator and the program assistant for following up on procurement processes
- Assess and submit PSS material needs
- Report on a weekly and monthly basis the progress PSS activities' implementation
- Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager.
- Promote for the center coordinator activities
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, or any related filed
- Professional experience in monitoring and evaluation of psycho-social programs, and feeding learning into program design.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and strategic planning skills required.
- ToT training skills
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required; Turkish or is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, tasks efficiently;
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills. Ability to think critically and creatively;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues.
- Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
- Must be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours including weekends
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence.
We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation
In case you meet the requirements and that you are interested in the position, please send your CV in English in addition to three professional references to email@example.com before the 22th Jan stating in the subject “PSS Coordinator".
Please note that the position may be filled before the deadline of submission of applications
- Organization: Relief International
- Location: Gaziantep (Turkey) | Ankara
- Grade: Junior - Internationally recruited position - Junior level
- Public Health and Health Service
- Project and Programme Management
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2016-01-26