SENIOR MEAL MANAGER - DFAP
CARE seeks a Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEAL) Manager to be based in the Democratic Republic of Congo for an anticipated Food for Peace (FFP) Development Food Assistance Program (DFAP). USAID has a goal of improving food and nutrition security and economic well-being in vulnerable populations in DRC by assisting Congolese people to identify and take advantage of transformational opportunities to learn, mitigate, adapt, invest and thrive. DRC is a pilot country for FFP’s new process for development projects called Refine and Implement (R&I). Subject to availability, the anticipated total funding for 3 awards is $150 million for an initial 5 year period
International relocation and allowances may be available for this position.
The Senior MEAL Manager will assume responsibility for full-cycle monitoring and evaluation of this program, developing a methodology and tools to design an evaluation. The Senior MEAL Manager will also ensure timely and accurate reporting as required on program indicators on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Develop the overall framework for the project’s M&E systems, in collaboration with USAID and senior project staff, including requirements, reporting, baseline, and evaluation surveys. Develop and monitor the project’s PMP to systematically document project performance for project technical leads and the project leadership team.
- Facilitate state-of-the-art knowledge management practices and real-time, applied and collaborative learning processes. Generate robust evidence for project and programmatic learning that leads to action, decision-making and influence.
- Ensure the alignment of M&E activities with program goals and contribute to the development of annual work plans to identify project targets and ensure inclusion of M&E activities.
- Monitor project activities and tracking these activities against the results framework.
- Conduct field visits for data validation, to monitor the quality and completeness of data sets. Coordinate data collection at project sites to monitor program development and ensure timely compilation and reporting of data. Capture and document lessons learned; champion the scaling up best practices.
- Generate monthly indicator reports and tracking progress against key indicators.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of project activities to donor, including progress against targets set in the award agreement and annual work plan, quarterly, and annual reports. Collaborate with the Chief of Party and other senior team members to compile and submit reports to the donor.
- Provide technical leadership and support to project and partner staff in planning and implementing M&E systems and activities, data-based program decision-making, and results reporting. Supervise, mentor, and build capacity of project MEAL team. staff
- Develop and implement effective monitoring tools and approaches to demonstrate the effectiveness of project interventions.
- Master’s degree in statistics, economics, public health, or related field required
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in experience and demonstrated expertise in M&E of donor-funded development programs
- Experience with M&E for USAID-funded programming (Recent Title II, Food for Peace, or Feed the Future preferred). Knowledge of USAID data collection and reporting requirements
- Strong knowledge of M&E methodology data analysis and synthesis, performance evaluation and correction, and report writing
- Thorough familiarity with principles and current approaches to MEAL using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Demonstrated MEAL field experience; skilled in collecting, manipulating, synthesizing and analyzing data
- Demonstrated capacity to use project M&E information to advance strategic goals and provide data for decision-making
- Knowledge of statistical software. Advanced skills with MS Office is strongly preferred
- Supervisory and people management experience
- Previous experience in DRC or the required is preferred, but not required.
- Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing in French and English required
- Ability to travel within project areas as needs and security situation allows.
- Organization: CARE
- Location: Kinshasa
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-01-28