Project Director, Analytical Services
Washington D.C. (United States of America)
CAMRIS International is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS' clients include U.S. government agencies and multilateral and private organizations. Our core practice areas include public health, agriculture and food security, economic development, education, environment, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance, and medical research.
For more information on CAMRIS International please visit www.camris.com.
CAMRIS seeks a qualified Project Director candidate for an upcoming 2016 USAID contract for Analytical Services for USAID. This contract will provide technical services specifically designed to enhance the impact of USAID-funded democracy and governance (DG) strategies and programs through field support and program management services in the areas of governance, rule of law, elections and political processes, anti-corruption, conflict mitigation, and civil society. This IDIQ Project Director requires depth of knowledge and experience in the democracy, human rights and governance field.
- The Project Director will be responsible for overall program management, including providing leadership to attain objectives, ensuring strong communications with USAID, and identifying and mitigating program risks. The COP will successfully:
- Direct all technical requirements of the project and ensure high quality project results and deliverables are met or exceeded, in accordance with the project work plan;
- Ensure all project systems are functioning at top capacity and synchronicity in delivering results.
- Guide a team that includes a range of technical experts, administrative staff, and consultants to fulfill the project’s goals and objectives and results;
- Work directly with USAID DRG Officers both in Washington and in the field Missions around the world.
- Direct the research agenda and ensure framework coherence.
- Translate project goals and objectives into implementation strategies and plans;
- Build partnerships among national and international leaders of the democracy, human rights and governance movements;
- Maintain productive working relationships with USAID, project partners, and key stakeholders, including other USG peers;
- Manage the project’s operational, financial, and administrative priorities;
- Direct the planning and budgeting processes and report against the project’s targets; and
- Oversee the preparation of quarterly and annual project activity, as specified in the agreement.
- Travel globally, as needed.
- A minimum of 15 years of international experience in leading contracts of similar size and complexity.
- Demonstrated ability for effective activity management, personnel management, and the capacity to develop solid working relationships with senior government officials as well as ability to orchestrate the implementation of the project.
- Previous Project Director experience in the governance is preferred.
- A thorough understanding of the issues surrounding integrated governance and analyticial services in DRG programs and USAID sector programs globally.
- A PhD in public administration, political science, international relations, economics, anthropology or related fields.
- Experience conducting primary DRG research in a developing country.
- Ability to fully and effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, in English and at least one other language.
- Organization: CAMRIS International, Inc.
- Location: Washington D.C. (United States of America)
- Grade: Senior - Internationally recruited position - Senior level
- Project and Programme Management
- Operations and Administrations
- Public Policy and Administration
- Closing Date: 2016-02-21