Area Support Manager
Bekaa | Beirut
We are looking for a highly qualified candidate to lead, coordinate and oversee DRC support activities in our offices located in Bekaa.
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council has worked in Lebanon since September 2004, and the programs have followed the country’s needs and progress. The main focus of today’s efforts in Lebanon is to help the hundreds of thousands of Syrian refugees, who have fled across the border to find protection from the conflict in their homeland. DRC is simultaneously maintaining the efforts toward the vulnerable groups of Palestinian refugees in Lebanon.
Reports to: Area Manager
Reporting to position: Finance/Admin staff, Logistics/Procurement/Warehouse/IT staff
For further information about DRC, please refer to our website: www.drc.dk
The Area Support Manager will be responsible for the day to day coordination and activities of the support departments in the Bekaa area; Finance, Administration, Logistics, Procurement, Warehouse, and IT
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure that adequate financial management procedures and systems are in place, and that DRC’s and donor’s accounting practices and standards are adhered to in accordance with quality and policy requirements;
• Support the country Head of Finance and Administration and Finance Controller with the implementation of financial policies and control procedures;
• Work closely with the Area Manager and the program staff on administrative, financial, and budgetary issues;
• Prepare donor reports for submission to the country Head of Finance and Administration in time to meet the donor reporting deadlines;
• Coordinate the implementation of all HR policies to employees working in the area of operation, including performance appraisals, contract renewals and updates to employment policies;
• Ensure compliance with grant terms and obligations, fulfillment of anticipated grant-supported activities, and submission of timely financial reports.
• Ensure that DRC Implementing Partnership selection and approval procedures are followed;
• Work with partner organizations to strengthen capacity and ability to operate in compliance with DRC and donor requirements.
• Assist in finalizing procurement plans and requests for current grants;
• Oversee the logistics and procurement team’s daily tasks, ensuring that all procurement is carried out in line with DRC procurement procedures;
• Oversee the proper usage of daily and weekly car movement tracking sheets and accompanying procedures for vehicle requests;
• Oversee the day-to-day functions of storage in location;
• Oversee the tracking and recording of all DRC assets and inventory according to DRC Lebanon policy and guidelines;
• Oversee the IT function in the office, providing support and direction to the IT assistant;
• Supervise, manage, and build capacity of support staff to enable them to take on greater responsibility;
To be successful in this role you must have a Post graduate financial or business management qualification such as ACA, ACCA, CIMA, MBA, or equivalent; at least 3 years’ experience managing a finance or logistics department in a large operation, preferably in the NGO sector; experience in supply chain management in an emergency environment including procurement, transport and distribution, warehouse and stock management;experience in vehicle and fleet management; full proficiency in spoken and written English; experience working overseas in remote and complex locations; working experience with some or all of Dfid, UNICEF, ECHO and PRM guidelines; experience of building and developing the capacity of staff through the use of training, performance management frameworks and development plans; excellent IT skills;
Ideally, you will also have a degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, CILT, CLP, or other relevant area; Arabic language skills; experience working in the Middle East; Full clean driving license; previous experience with DRC.
DRC will offer the successful applicant until the 31st of December 2016, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work as soon as possible and be willing and able to work in Lebanon.
This position is advertised for both national and expatriates candidates. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer towww.drc.dk under Vacancies. This position will be placed at level A10 for expatriates and E++ for national staff.
Interested? Then apply for this position here.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must bein the same language as this vacancy note.CV only applications will not be considered.
We only accept applications sent online via www.drc.dk under Vacancies > Current vacancies
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please email@example.com
Applications close the 07th of February. The interviews are expected to take place on a rolling basis.
Please be aware that due to the urgency to fill the position, we reserve the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above mentioned deadline.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.dk
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than twenty five countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
The protection and assistance to conflict affected population is provided within a long-term, regional and rights-based approach in order to constitute a coherent and effective response to the challenges posed by today’s conflicts. Assistance consists of relief and other humanitarian aid, rehabilitation, support to return and repatriation as well as promotion of long-term solutions to displacement and its causes. In addition, support and capacity building of local and national authorities and NGOs form an integral part of DRC’s work.
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Bekaa | Beirut
- Grade: Mid level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-02-07