Health Management Information Systems (HMIS) Advisor
Dar es Salaam
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health by helping public and private organizations throughout the world to effectively manage people, medicines, money, and information. Working from more than 30 country offices and our Arlington, Virginia and Medford, Massachusetts US headquarters, our staff from 65 nations is highly regarded for its technical expertise, integrity, and commitment to making a lasting difference in health. We live by our mission to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) seeks a Health Management Information Systems (HMIS) Advisor for an anticipated CDC procurement that will provide technical assistance to host country public health institutions in Tanzania. The goal of the project is to provide technical assistance to public Health institutions in Tanzania including mainland ministry of health, the mainland national AIDS Control Program (NACP) and the Zanzibar Integrated HIV, TB and leprosy Program to lead and manage the HIV response and build sustainable health system.
The Senior Advisor HIS works closely with the Ministry of Health and other key stakeholders to set Information and Communication Technology (ICT) direction and provide technical assistance for the enhancement of systems and national capacity to collect, analyze and use health-related data for effective program management.
This position is subject to project award and funding.
- Work with the monitoring and evaluation team to feed information for project reporting.
- Facilitate the assessment and strategic planning of MOH HMIS systems.
- Provide senior level technical assistance to the project and all collaborating and implementing partners in health management information systems policy and the monitoring of improvement of existing HMIS information systems.
- Provide advice to the MOH and its agencies on eHealth and mobile health technologies to enhance the quality of HIV service delivery.
- Work with the stakeholder groups including the MOH and its agencies, to train health teams on HMIS tools.
- Assist the Project teams and stakeholder groups to receive and review regular performance reports, initiatives from health facilities and health departments; and to produce regular performance reports.
- Oversee the collection of information and dissemination of lessons learned from implementation of HMIS.
- Strengthen the use of data by MOH and its agencies to improve service performance at health facilities which is critical to the successful implementation and rapid scale up of this project.
- Provide technical leadership for HMIS among project teams and partners.
- Participate in regular meetings of project senior management team.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the project director.
- Masters level degree in a relevant field such as public health, public administration, health administration, demography, statistics, computing, epidemiology, etc.
- 5 years of demonstrated expertise, with substantial developing country context experience, in facilitation of health information system strengthening, including central level coordination and systems integration, and sub-national strengthening for quality collection, analysis, dissemination, and use of health information
- A post graduate diploma in computer science will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated experience in strengthening human resources information systems (HRIS) is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Previous experience in a developing country context is required.
- Ability to travel within Tanzania and elsewhere as needed.
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.
Chief of Party
To apply visit the msh website!
- Organization: MSH - Management Sciences for Health
- Location: Dar es Salaam
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Health service
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Sexual and reproductive health
- Closing Date: 2016-02-29