Information Management Officer (DTM)
OPEN TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
Position Title : Information Management Officer (DTM)
Duty Station : Bamako, Mali
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short term, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : February 09, 2016
Reference Code : SVN2016/08(P)-EXT
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM has a proactive recruitment policy to increase the representation of nationals of non- represented member states. Qualified applicants from the following countries will be favorably considered:
Algeria, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Belize, Benin, Botswana, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Czech Republic, Comoros, Djibouti, El Salvador, Gabon, Gambia, Guinea, Guyana, Holy See, Iceland, Israel, Lesotho, Libya, Luxembourg, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Montenegro, Micronesia, Mongolia, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Republic of Congo, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Seychelles, Somalia, Suriname, Swaziland, Timor Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam
Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission in Mali, and the direct supervision of The Emergency and Post Conflict Programme Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for the monitoring and tracking operations for migrants and displaced persons in Mali, the Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM), including the operation and maintenance of the related Database.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Develop, implement and administer database information systems to gather and process information on internally displaced persons (IDP’s). Conduct key information collection activities including IDP’s location assessments, registrations and other ad hoc surveys and profiling activities.
Support the establishing and supervision of large-scale field assessment with multi-layered data collection techniques, including mobile data collection systems, to gather timely information about affected populations, returnees and IDPs and any other source of data required.
Identify, recommend, develop, and support relevant methodological, operational and technological solutions relating to the DTM implementation.
Support the mission in developing data collection tools, databases, statistical reports and maps.
Develop and implement proper backup / restore, data validation and security procedures to ensure data integrity and availability.
Supervise the DTM team staff and implementing partners including preparation of adequate ToRs and contractual arrangements.
Organize trainings for local implementing partners’ enumerators and field staff on projects activities on a regular basis.
Secure consistently available computer services, support training and maintenance of all computer systems used for information database systems.
To provide timely, accurate and adequate information to all relevant stakeholders regarding needs, movements and new displacements. Compile and distribute to key stakeholders daily, weekly and monthly update as required.
Integrate the protection and gender perspectives (vulnerable groups) within the programme activities.
Support in reporting and analyzing data for donors and stakeholders, assuring data consistency, giving statistic information and mapping of collected data. Support IOM partners such as governmental services in data management and reporting with training and technical support.
Support the development and fund-raising for and report on projects in relation to the DTM implementation.
Participate as delegated to represent IOM at meetings and events where these programmes are being discussed.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism;
- Works effectively with all clients and stakeholders;
- Promotes continuous learning; communicates clearly;
- Takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management;
- Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Displays mastery of subject matter;
- Contributes to a collegial team environment;
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation;
- Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
- Anticipates and prepares response to changing IT needs of the relevant organizational unit;
- Delivers optimal IT solutions within defined resource parameters;
- Correctly applies knowledge of specialized IT disciplines.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Social Science, Information Management, Disaster Risk Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience and abilities using two or more of Relational Database Management Systems such as MS Access, MS SQL Server, MySQL , Postgresql, Oracle are a definite advantage;
- Experience in the development and implementation of population database systems (e.g. migrant registration, censuses, household surveys);
- Experience in management and coordination of humanitarian assessments, Information Management, including IOM Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM);
- Experience working in international organizations, humanitarian community and familiarity with the humanitarian reform and cluster approach;
- Experience in project management and implementation;
- Experience in training data collectors working in camps and host communities;
- Experience in writing technical requirements documents, translating/planning specifications to technical briefs for data capture/analysis and compiling diverse datasets;
- Experience in the development and implementation of population database a distinct advantage;
- Working experience in the region is an asset.
Fluency in English and French is required.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment
system, by February 09, 2016 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly filled in and submitted with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application in your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 26.01.2016 to 09.02.2016
Bamako Mali (54733971) Released
Bamako Mali (54733972) Released
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Bamako (Mali)
- Grade: Mid level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-02-09