Electronic Resource Management Assistant
Baltimore (United States of America) | Washington D.C.
Position Title: Electronic Resource Library Assistant
Reports to: Farmer to Farmer Volunteer Coordinator
Position Type: Part time
Hours: 15-20 per week
Background: Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the overseas relief and development arm of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. It was founded in 1943 and works in approximately 100 countries globally. CRS seeks to alleviate suffering and provide assistance to people in need without regard to race, religion or nationality. The Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) Program leverages short-term US volunteer expertise to assist small holder farmers and processors in East Africa to improve incomes and food security at the household level as well as business practices for associations and others in the agricultural sector. Through the program CRS will also increase the American public’s understanding of international development programs and foster increased cross-cultural understanding between host countries and US volunteers.
Job Summary: This administrative role supports the Farmer to Farmer (F2F) team by performing maintaining specialized Websites and data bases containing volunteer-generated resource materials, host information, volunteer press pieces, photos and success stories. The incumbent is also responsible for assisting management team in contacting volunteers to gather post-assignment information and maintain data base of post-assignment activities.
Creation of a web-based information sharing site
• Collaborate with CRS Marketing and Communications (MARCOM) to ensure that CRS rules and regulations are adhered to for the project microsite.
• Oversee the work of the private consultancy company and CRS Global Knowledge and Information Management (GKIM) to create the web-based site
• Collaborate with the GKIM team and the CRS Web Unit to link F2F public site with the internal microsite.
• Work with GKIM on confidentiality levels of sensitive info on the microsite.
Data Collection, Organization, and Maintenance
• Assist in the establishment of a dedicated electronic web-based site for all volunteer-generated resource materials, host information, press pieces, success stories, photos, maps, GPS coordinates and other pertinent information for the program.
• Create a naming convention for the resource site and how to cross-reference documents
• Maintain site(s) on an ongoing basis to keep information current by soliciting information from volunteers as they return from assignments.
• Solicit and select success stories and other advocacy materials from various stakeholders that can be posted on the F2F public site
• Work with the F2F Coordinator and/or CRS MARCOM to revise materials if needed before being posted on the F2F public site
• Work with the F2F Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEAL) Officer and GIS Intern to ensure that maps and other pertinent information are available to F2F teams and host organizations
• Collaborate with F2F Volunteer Coordinator to add volunteer orientation packet and other orientation resources to the shared website
• Conduct training with the F2F team in Baltimore, Institutional Donor Engagement and Advancement (IDEA) in Baltimore and field, East Africa Regional Office (EARO), and all four country programs on how to access information on the web-based site
• Create guides on how to access information on the resource site
• Ensure that there are training materials, guides, and logins for host organizations
Other Essential Tasks
• Assist program coordinator and MEAL officer to upload post-assignment information to the MEAL system
• Assists F2F Volunteer Coordinator and Administrative Assistant during absences.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff): These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
• Serves with Integrity
• Models Stewardship
• Cultivates Constructive Relationships
• Promotes Learning
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: F2F team, MARCOM, PIQA administrative staff, Web Unit, CRS EARO, and GKIM, F2F country programs, etc.
External: Potential and current volunteers, F2F US Partners, etc.
• Familiarity or interest in the following areas a plus: agriculture, business, nutrition, agricultural education and natural resource management
• Exercises high degree of discretion and confidentiality
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Strong customer service orientation
• Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task
• Ability to work as part of a team and independently; ability to work effectively in a dynamic team environment
• Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy, particularly in editing and organizing documents
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal relations, particularly in a multi-cultural work environment
• Demonstrated ability to learn and utilize software/technology
Motivated to learn and contribute
• Bachelor’s degree desired with three years of experience required; One year of relevant customer service experience required
• Proficiency with Microsoft products including MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Regularly required to sit at a desk; work at a computer; type.
• Occasionally lifts, carries, and /or moves objects weighing less than 25 pounds.
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with this position.
Compensation: hourly compensation, reimbursement for any travel required
Note: Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. or work location country, at the time of application. Internal applicants are encouraged to apply within the first ten days of posting.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Organization: CRS - Catholic Relief Services
- Location: Baltimore (United States of America) | Washington D.C.
- Grade: Mid level - Internationally recruited position
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Mechanics and Electronics (Engineering)
- Closing Date: 2016-02-29