Response Manager – Syria Crisis
World Vision is a humanitarian, development, and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Founded 65 years ago and now working in over 90 countries, World Vision implements disaster preparedness programmes and helps build resilient communities. Our Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs team acts to save lives and alleviate suffering of disaster-affected people by implementing sustainable programmes focused on meeting immediate and long-term needs.
Here’s where you come in:
As Response Manager, you will provide strategic leadership for the design, implementation and funding of World Vision’s Response in Turkey/Syria. You will lead the response team, ensuring that the strategy is meeting desired goals and objectives while being well coordinated and integrated with programmes in other countries in World Vision’s Syria Crisis response.
- University degree or qualification in a relevant subject with a focus on team management, project management or other relevant skills.
- Extensive experience in programme management and implementation of multi-sectoral emergency response projects.
- 5 + years proven experience with International NGOs in emergency relief, rehabilitation and transition programming.
- Fluent in English (written and oral), and experience in Arabic
- Experience working in the Middle East.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 29 FEB 2016. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Organization: World Vision
- Location: Ankara
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Conflict prevention
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-02-15