Senior Behavior Change Communication (BCC) Program Manager
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Senior Behavior Change Communication (BCC) Program Manager
The USAID Senegal Integrated Service Delivery and SBCC (ISD-HB) Senior Social Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) Program Manager will provide behavior change communication technical support and coordinate activities with the different regional offices and staff working in the different priority regions as identified by USAID. This person will assist in the development of strategies relevant to the different health sectors to scale up delivery of effective SBCC interventions. The Senior BCC Program Manager for the ISD-HB project will coordinate SBCC activities with relevant partners involved in health programs in Senegal.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the ISD-HB Chief of Party (COP), the SBCC Program Manager will:
- Assist in the design and development of ISD-HB activities related health and SBCC to ensure that all activities are consistent with accepted best practices and relevant to the specific needs in each of the priority regions.
- Oversee the implementation of ISD-HB activities in conjunction with the USAID mission at the national, regional, district, and health facility and community levels; facilitate coordination of technical activities, monitor progress and reporting and ensure that all activities are implemented in an adequate and timely manner.
- Maintain close interaction with the ISD-HB COP and other senior /key staff to ensure adequate technical and administrative support to the project for the achievement of targets within budget.
- Provide technical assistance and support to each of the SBCC program officers in the 3 regional offices in the country for appropriate SBCC programmatic coordination.
- Assist in providing monthly activity updates, with the Chief of Party, to the USAID mission and develop quarterly [and annual] progress reports as well as technical reports.
- Provide technical assistance and support to the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) partners for appropriate policy and SBCC programmatic coordination.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the COP.
- Coordinate SBCC program activities according to the approved project work plan and in consultation with COP, other ISD-HB key senior staff and key stakeholders/core partners.
- Ensure that the ISD-HB SBCC intervention attains its goals, meets its deliverables, and produces the results required in a timely manner as outlined by the work plan and USAID.
- Review and revise work plans, timelines, and objectives for all project activities and monitor the performance of key program activities to ensure timely submission of deliverables
- Assist in providing, coordinating, and/or arranging SBCC technical assistance, capacity building, and administrative support activities under the project priority regions of intervention.
- Support the COP and other key senior staff to represent the project at meetings with donors, government ministries, core partners, UN agencies, NGOs, and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate the development of the first Draft of each quarterly report of the project SBCC activities to be sent to USAID
- Provide technical input for key program activities and ensure effective collaboration across all project activities.
- Monitor reporting requirements and review current reporting practices.
- Track project deliverables and recommend steps to ensure targets are met.
- Track and report monthly/quarterly on programmatic achievements and challenges.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the COP.
- Build and maintain cooperative and professional relationships with all stakeholders
The Senior Social Behavior Change Communication Program Manager will be based in the project offices. Travel to the priority regions to monitor program implementation will be required for this position.
- Post Graduate degree in behavior change, health communication, public health or related discipline and additional qualification in management, or a related discipline required.
- Experience (10 years) working within the health sector on social behavior change communication
- Experience (10 years) with the design and implementation of social behavior change communication programs at the national and/or provincial level.
- Significant experience (10 years) working in the health sector.
- Demonstrated managerial and organizational skills in a developmental setting with flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Proficiency in English (including speaking, writing, and reading) with the ability to write technical reports and documents in English is required.
- Experience working with Ministries of Health, international agencies, and non-government organizations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to interact professionally with staff, partners, and consultants.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360's Career Center at http://www.fhi360.org/careers or through the Employment section at www.fhi360.org. Please submit CV/resume and cover letter including salary requirements. Please specify source in your application.
FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.