Project Country Director - Ghana
IESC – the International Executive Service Corps – is a US based not-for-profit with a focus on supporting private enterprise in developing countries. We have worked in partnership with local people in 130 countries - mainly with the generous support of USAID - designing, implementing, managing and evaluating a wide range of market driven solutions along the entire value chain of a company or agricultural sector.
IESC is seeking an experienced Project Country Director for an anticipated USAID Farmer-to-Farmer Program funded program in Ghana. This Sanitary/Phytosanitary System Strengthening program will focus on improving access to markets for Ghana’s farmers. It is anticipated that the program will have three components: 1) Produce traceability system development, 2) Value chain sanitary/phytosanitary improvement and 3) Coordination on strengthening certification. This position will be full-time and based in the Ghana. Specific products to include mangoes, chilis, and other high value crops.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall project leadership, management and technical oversight for all project activities and deliverables;
- Serve as the primary IESC liaison to the Volunteers for Economic Growth Alliance (VEGA), USAID and other Ghanaian stakeholders and partners;
- Lead and manage the work of project personnel, subcontractors, consultants and volunteers;
- Ensure that project assistance is technically sound and appropriate for each component;
- Work collaboratively with public and private partners and stakeholders to implement program mission and strategy;
- Oversee project work planning, reporting, performance management and strategic communications.
- University degree in agriculture sciences, food science, economics or other relevant field; Advanced degree preferred;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in international agricultural and/or trade;
- Minimum 2 years of in international development project management;
- Knowledge of and experience with African agriculture, private sector development and Sanitary/Phytosanitary Systems (SPS) and/or grades and standards development preferred;
- Strong leadership and communication skills; a capacity to plan strategically and flexibly;
- Experience working in Ghana and/or the region;
- Ghanaian or West African nationals highly encouraged to apply;
- English fluency required.
- Organization: IESC – International Executive Service Corps
- Location: Accra
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Public Administration - Restructuring
- Closing Date: 2016-02-15