Capacity building, preventing and responding to Gender Based Violence Consultant
If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
Purpose: We are seeking a consultant to identify priority areas of staffing needs to strengthen operational capacity to support prevention and response to Gender Based Violence. For more information, see the detailed Terms of Reference referred.
Qualification or specialized knowledge/experience required: -At least 5-8 years of experience in humanitarian response, including operational experience.
- Proven knowledge of GBV prevention, response programming and coordination, capacity development and capacity development initiatives.
- Advanced university degree or equivalent in in international relations, social anthropology, gender studies, law and women’s rights, sociology or other field related to GBV in emergency programming.
- Experience of partnership approaches and environments – governments, national and international NGOs and UN is highly desirable
- Ability to work on short time lines, under pressure, and managing multiple priorities simultaneously with minimum supervision
- Excellent writing, conceptual and analytical skills including the ability to present complex processes and issues clearly to a heterogeneous audience and in an actionable manner.
- Fluency in English is essential.
How to apply: Applicants are requested to send their submissions to email@example.com with the subject line “GBV Capacity Building” by 16 February 2016. Please indicate your ability, availability and monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a monthly rate will not be considered.
Applications must include: • Cover letter
• P-11 form (available at [http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/P11.doc**](http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/P11.doc) \)
Please note that acknowledgement of application will be extended only to short-listed candidates.**