16-020: Program Officer
16-020: Program Officer
International Medical Corps, a global humanitarian nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs, seeks candidates for the position of Program Officer in Mali.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
International Medical Corps continues to provide humanitarian support in Mali.
The primary function of the Program Officer includes supporting the Deputy Country Director in the implementation of program activities, and development of new program proposals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Grant monitoring
• Monitor the progress of each project and assist with the identification of issues which may affect the quality of program performance and consequent program adjustments
• Ensure regular inputs for the grants management process and compliance with all International Medical Corps and donor regulations
• Flag significant deviation from the program implementation plan and estimated expenditures; alert relevant staff
2. Proposal writing/development
• Participate in proposal development meetings and help guide the budget lines accurately to meet our programmatic and administrative needs, referring to the country’s ‘budget dashboard’
• Write proposals or proposal sections in collaboration with the regional team, the field, HR, finance, technical and program development staff.
• Identify program funding opportunities in collaboration with the country SMT and HQ DI department.
• Review proposals for consistency with the requirements of procurements (Requests for Proposals/Requests for Applications)
3. Monitoring and Evaluation/Reporting
• Support all M&E initiatives for assigned grant(s)/project(s) including monitoring data quality, and tracking the progress of activities
• Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results per project
• Compile and disseminate, with the support of the team, monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress reports on all project activities for internal, external and donor audiences
• Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use
• Review all technical reports prepared by technical field staff and program technical advisers.
4. Program Support
• Assist field programs when needed
• Ensure and disseminate information on International Medical Corps small grant procedures, contracts, review protocols and country specific strategy.
• Provide guidance to program staff to ensure successful implementation and reporting of programs, grants, and contracts
• Assist in the preparation of responses to donor inquiries regarding program activities
• Coordinate the production of various informational grant program-related documents upon request by senior management
• Administrative and office support activities such as systematically arranging documents (including MOUs, LOUs, Powers of Attorney, as per established Contract Review Protocol) and grants files. Compiling documents according to an established system for audit preparation.
• Attend coordination meetings on behalf of the organization upon delegation, gather and share information, develop and nurture contacts within the donor community, government and other NGOs as appropriate
• Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organizations Code of Conduct, ethics, values and stand-point with regard to internal and external actors.
“Other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.”
“To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation.”
• This position focuses on monitoring & evaluation, reporting, proposal writing and grants management
• Extensive donor experience, specifically with: OFDA, USAID, ECHO, DFID, UNICEF, FFP and other private donors
• Fluency in both French and English is desirable. A degree in a relevant subject or sufficient and relevant experience in a similar role
• A good understanding of humanitarian aid and development programming
• Self-motivated, positive attitudes, flexible and adaptable to the needs of team and organization
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good computer skills- Microsoft Office including excel
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Experience in working remotely and supporting field based team
• Experience of working in Health and Nutrition sectors
• Good level of numeracy and understanding of budgets and financial reports
• Experience working in the international humanitarian sector
• Fluency in both French and English
• Ability to read, write, analyze and interpret, technical and non-technical in the English language.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field and HQ, counterparts, senior government and rebel leaders and other related regional key stakeholders.
How to apply: Please go to: Program Officer and follow the instructions for applying online.
“International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.”
How to apply:
To officially begin the application process, qualified candidates please go to our career page http://careers.internationalmedicalcorps.org/careers.aspx , noting where you noticed the position you are applying for and complete the online employment application form.
- Organization: IMC - International Medical Corps
- Location: Bamako (Mali)
- Grade: Junior - Internationally recruited position - Junior level
- Public Health and Health Service
- Project and Programme Management
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Closing Date: 2016-03-08