General Call - Consultants Fleet Management - WCA
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Contract length: 1-2 months
Save the Children WCA Regional Office is launching a call for application to pre-select consultants that will be deployed as per Country Offices requests in the Western and Central Africa Region during the next 2 years. Pre-selected consultants will be forming a regional roster that will be consulted when specific needs will arise in one of WCA Countries.
The aim of this consultancy is to support region and country offices with fleet management.
Qualifications and experience
- A relevant qualification in transport or operations management
- It would also be an advantage if the incumbent holds a technical fleet mechanic qualification
- Extensive experience in successful development and implementation of a fleet strategy and infrastructure for a global operation.
- Demonstrable experience in transport management and operations management
- Demonstrable experience in designing and delivering fleet management and fleet maintenance trainings.
- Significant field level experience in managing complex fleets for NGOs.
- Knowledge of key institutional donors and their compliance requirements in respect of asset and fleet management.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Active membership of a fleet or transport forum
- Ability to work in a networked managed team environment, with ability to take the initiative when needed
- Solid project management skills related to organizational development projects.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours in the event of major emergencies including travelling at short notice and for extended periods of time.
- Fluent in French and English
- Commitment to Save the Children's mission and values.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Please apply in English or French using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
Application Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: 'Fsy.email@example.com'
- Organization: Save the Children
- Location: Dakar
- Grade: N/A - Level not specified
- Operations and Administrations
- Project and Programme Management
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: 2016-02-22