Programme Assistant - CCS&PT and AHME
London (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
Millions of the world's poorest and most vulnerable women trust Marie Stopes International to provide them with quality sexual and reproductive health care. We have been delivering contraception, safe abortion, and mother and baby care for over thirty years and work in 42 countries around the world. By providing high quality services where they are needed the most, we prevent unnecessary deaths and make a sustainable impact on the lives of millions of people every year.
The primary responsibility of this role is to further MSI’s Goal: The Prevention of Unwanted Births and its mission of ensuring the individual’s right to**: Children by Choice Not Chance.**
The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) and Children Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF) Team has overall responsibility for overseeing MSI’s relationship with these two donors, and ensuring that management of BMGF and CIFF grants exceed expectations.
The Programme Assistant will support two Deputy Directors in providing high quality stewardship of the following BMGF funded projects: Cervical Cancer Screening and Preventative Therapy (CCS&PT) and Africa Health Markets for Equity (AHME). The role consists of a combination of programme and administrative management for the two grants. This is a full time role with an 80-20 division of time between CCS&PT and AHME respectively.
You will be responsible for documentation, monitoring and reporting, supporting the M&E Advisor, financial and budget support, coordinating technical assistance and training, as well as meetings and programme calls, and the team travel schedule.
To be considered for the role you will have:
- Previous Coordination, Assistant or Project Officer experience – preferable in a commercial organisation.
- Educated to Degree level, ideally in the Business, public health international development or other related discipline.
- Experience of managing budgets (desirable)
- The availability to travel internationally (when needed).
For more information about the role, please view the job framework on our website.
In addition you will have the right to work in the UK and be pro-choice on abortion.
Location: - London
Closing date: 28 February 2016 (midnight GMT). Interviews will take place before this date (for suitable candidates).
Salary: - £ 25.8 – 29.8k p/a.
All nationalities are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Keywords: administration, coordination, budget, support, team admin
Please apply via our website: https://careers.mariestopes.org.uk/vacancy/programme-assistant-ccspt-and-ahme-252939.html
- Organization: Marie Stopes International
- Location: London (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
- Grade: Junior - Internationally recruited position - Junior level
- Public Health and Health Service
- Project and Programme Management
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2016-02-28