OPEN TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
Position Title : Internal Auditor
Duty Station : Manila, Philippines
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : February 25, 2016
Reference Code : VN2016/17(P)-EXT
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM has a proactive recruitment policy to increase the representation of nationals of non- represented member states. Qualified applicants from the following countries will be favourably considered:
Algeria, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Belize, Benin, Botswana, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Czech Republic, Comoros, Djibouti, El Salvador, Gabon, Gambia, Guinea, Guyana, Holy See, Iceland, Israel, Lesotho, Libya, Luxembourg, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Montenegro, Micronesia, Mongolia, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Republic of Congo, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Seychelles, Somalia, Suriname, Swaziland, Timor Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam
Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged.
Under the functional and direct supervision of the Senior Internal Auditor, Office of the Inspector General (OIG) and the overall supervision of the inspector General, the successful candidate will conduct internal audits, including compliance, performance and management audits of IOM activities worldwide. The candidate may also conduct fact finding inquiries and investigations as necessary. This position requires extensive travel, often to difficult duty stations.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Audits/assignments are undertaken in the areas of finance, administration and operations. The successful candidate at this level will work individually or as a member of an audit team. Within his/her delegated authority, the Internal Auditor will be responsible for the following duties:
Conduct audits across the organization either individually or as part of a team.
Prepare/participate in preparations for risk-based audit plans and programmes in accordance with IOM standards.
Document, evaluate and test systems and controls to determine their adequacy and effectiveness to ensure:
compliance with policies and procedures;
accomplishment of management’s objectives;
reliability and integrity of information;
economic use of resources; and
safeguarding of assets.
Prepare working papers for review by the auditor in charge or the Senior Internal Auditor.
Develop and discuss findings; come to agreement on recommendations and timelines for corrective actions with responsible officers of operations audited and monitor the implementation status of agreed recommendations.
Draft audit reports for the entire assignment or portion of assignment.
Take initiative in identifying appropriate audit tools, best practices and identify/perform tasks aimed at ensuring that the audit/assignments are conducted in accordance with IIA standards.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism;
- Works effectively with all clients and stakeholders;
- Promotes continuous learning; communicates clearly;
- Takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management;
- Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Displays mastery of subject matter;
- Contributes to a collegial team environment;
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment and retaliation and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA);
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation;
- Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
- Effectively applies knowledge of relevant discipline;
- Develops/follows internal control procedures to prevent fraud and mismanagement;
- Ensures application of institutional policies and guidelines;
- Advocates incorporation of financial considerations into processes and procedures; and
- Effectively applies knowledge of multiple disciplines to monitor and manage the work of staff.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Master’s degree from an accredited academic institution, in business administration, accounting, finance, audit or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
University degree in the above fields with eight years of relevant professional experience.
Professional certification from a recognized accreditation body such as (Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Association of Chartered and Certified Accountants (ACCA) is required.
- Experience in audit, finance, accounting or a combination thereof; audit experience, preferably at a diversified international level;
- Exercises due professional care by considering the: extent of work needed to achieve the audit plan; relative complexity, materiality, or significance of matters to which assurance procedures are applied; adequacy and effectiveness of risk management, Good control, and governance processes; probability of significant errors, irregularities, or non-compliance; and cost of assurance in relation to potential benefits;
- Demonstrates professional competence and has knowledge of auditing standards and practices, risk assessment, and applicable financial rules and procedures;
- Identifies issues, formulates opinions and presents conclusions and recommendations;
- Alert to significant risks that might affect objectives, operations, or resources;
- Considers the needs and expectations of clients, including the nature, timing and communication of results; and
- Knowledge of specialized audit management application such as IOM’s own Findings of Internal Audit or similar application is an advantage.
Fluency in English and French is required. Working knowledge of Spanish is an advantage.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment
system, by February 25, 2016 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly filled in and submitted with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application in your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 12.02.2016 to 25.02.2016
Manila, Philippines (54732151) Released
Manila, Philippines (54732152) Released
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Manila
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Internal audit and inspection
- Closing Date: 2016-02-25