Financial Analyst - Overseas Division (Baltimore)
Baltimore (United States of America) | Washington D.C.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
The Analyst is responsible for support decision making by CRS stakeholders, from the Board to divisional leadership, around the use of financial resources. S/he delivers on this responsibility by collecting, analyzing, and presenting data in financial and other systems.
· Administer the planning calendar; set meetings and distribute content.
· Prepare analysis as directed to inform management, via the Senior Advisor, of trends impacting accuracy. Including preparing system reports (ebudgets, Gateway) as directed.
· Prepare analysis as directed to inform management, via the Senior Advisor, of trends impacting objective achievement, including preparing system reports as directed. Apply tests to plans submitted.
· Train staff in system use.
· Prepare monthly divisional BCRs and quarterly divisional dashboards.
· Create ebudgets reports for individual regions/departments to facilitate FAACT reporting. Validate submitted reports and prepare consolidations as directed.
· Provide input for reports to OOL, ELT, and Board review.
· Issue budget maintenance forms as directed by Fund Managers and ensure that these are entered into SUN (transitioning to be limited to discretionary funding in the Overseas Operations and Agency reserves, and tracking project notes to BMFs in the restricted funds). This includes ensuring correct SSR/cost recovery.
· Prepare reports on the Overseas Operations reserve
· Track ICR waivers
· Train Overseas Operations staff as needed on system use
· Manage the SharePoint site
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
• Serves with Integrity
• Models Stewardship
• Cultivates Constructive Relationships
• Promotes Learning
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or Accounting, required. Master’s preferred.
Minimum of 3 years financial management and analysis experience.
Demonstrated analytical skills particularly in Finance
Demonstrated computer skills: Excel, Crystal reports, preference for Adaptive Insights and Salesforce
Demonstrated communication and collaboration skills
Prior experience overseas or with a non-profit preferred
Travel Required Not applicable, except for occasional exposure and training purposes
Key Working Relationships:
Internal Field financial managers (Finance Managers, Regional Finance Officers), HQ staff (Opex, Finance, and other staff)
External : Not Applicable
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
NOTE: All interested applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply online through the CRS Career Portal: https://www5.apply2jobs.com/CRS/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=2825&CurrentPage=1
- Organization: CRS - Catholic Relief Services
- Location: Baltimore (United States of America) | Washington D.C.
- Grade: Mid level - Internationally recruited position
- Operations and Administrations
- Banking and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-03-19