PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POSITION IS ANTICIPATED
Position Summary & Responsibilities:
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
The primary function of the Program Manager includes supporting the Program Coordinator in the implementation or program activities inclusive of; supervision of staff, day to day administration of overall programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation
- Program Management
- Work closely with the Program Coordinator field teams to determine the operational needs of the program within the scope of the grants
- Analyze data gathered and propose alternative strategies of program implementation
- Compile monthly and quarterly reports, ensuring statistics are correct and on time
- Implement and maintain prescribed reporting systems to monitor and evaluate the objectives, indicators and outcomes of the country programs
- Contribute to production of proposals for new projects
- Work with field teams and logistics to procure program supplies within program budgets
- Regularly update country office on progression of programs as per protocol
- Compile program and donor reports and assists with development of future programs as needed
- Liaise closely with local authorities, donor and partner agencies to ensure program compliance with donor policies and regulations and complementary with other agencies' efforts
Maintain flexibility to take on added responsibility as and when needed
Attend coordination meetings which are relevant to country programs
Represent the organization at task force meetings, assessment missions, camp coordination meetings, UN coordination meetings, INGO coordination meetings as appropriate
Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organizations Code of Conduct, ethics, values and stand-point with regard to internal and external actors
Human Resources Management
Supervise staff to ensure their smooth and effective operations
Assist in the selection and training of qualified program staff and recommend promotions, disciplinary action and termination of staff in consultation with the Program Coordinator, Country Director and Finance Director
Ensure compliance to local labor laws including working hours
Maintain open lines of communications with all field staff
Training/ Capacity Building
Determine training needs for subordinate staff
Train national staff to increase their responsibilities in order to build capacity and ensure sustainability of programs
Advocate and plan for professional development for all subordinate staff
Maintain frequent communication with Program Coordinator to ensure program activities and objectives are communicated
Work with Logistics staff to ensure the coordination of programs supplies are within budgeted targets
Attend coordination meetings which are relevant to country activities
Interface with national government and relevant agencies as necessary
Ensures application and compliance of security protocols and policies
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
Skills & Requirements:
- Master’s degree in Public Health, International Development and/or in a relevant field of study
- Three years experience in program design and evaluation, of which at least one year in developing countries or resource deprived environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Exposure to supervisory experience
- Familiarity with International humanitarian operations, coordination structures, and the mandates of donors, UN agencies, and other NGOs
- Cross-cultural awareness and insight into Health care issues
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions with limited supervision
- Extremely flexible, and have the Ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations
- Ability to relate to and motivate local staff effectively
- Creative and able to work with limited resources
- Team player and strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficient in computer applications, especially with MS Word and MS Excel, MS PowerPoint a plus
- Ability to read, write, analyze and interpret, technical and non-technical in the English language.
Ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field and HQ, counterparts, senior government and rebel leaders and other related regional players
Accommodation, food and transportation provided by the organization
Medical Evacuation service and competitive benefits provided by the organization
Further information regarding security and situation on the field available during the interview process
While performing duties of the job, the employee frequently works in precarious and remote places. The employee is usually employed in areas of civil strife, which often result in an unstable security environment. Regularly work in outdoor extreme weather conditions
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
Please go to: http://careers.internationalmedicalcorps.org/ and follow the instructions for applying online.
- Organization: IMC - International Medical Corps
- Location: Ankara
- Grade: Mid level - Internationally recruited position
- Operations and Administrations
- Project and Programme Management
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: 2016-03-22