Deputy Chief of Party - DRC IHAP contract
Kinshasa (Congo Democratic)
CAMRIS International is a growing international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today's most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
Building on the experience of our founding companies CAMRIS has nearly 60 years of experience implementing international development programs. CAMRIS' practice areas include global health, agriculture and food security, economic development, education, environment, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance and medical research. CAMRIS' proven performance in monitoring and evaluation, project design and implementation, capacity building, research and other capabilities on more than 2,000 contracts testifies to our ability to meet the highest standards of public and private sector clients worldwide.
We have honed a cutting-edge approach to customer service built on providing expert human resources supported by a strong quality assurance process and reliable management and administrative services. We have developed agile, efficient systems for implementing large technical assistance, research, institutional support and other task-based contracts.
CAMRIS international seeks a qualified Deputy Chief of Party candidate for an anticipated 5 year USAID funded contract for the Integrated HIV/AIDS Program in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The purpose of the IHAP contract is to support the Government of the Democratic Republic of Congo (GDRC) in strengthening the continuum of response for quality HIV/AIDS services through an integrated health platform that also improves family planning (FP), reproductive, tuberculosis (TB), and maternal and child health (RMNCH) services in select health zones of Kinshasa and Oriental provinces.
Essential functions, duties, responsibilities:
• Provide leadership in performance and impact evaluations, assessments, evaluation design and methodology.
• Assist quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the contract, including necessary adjustments to operations to fit the requirements of USAID.
• Support the development and completion of assessments, analytical reports and evaluations, and monitoring and evaluation capacity building.
• Coordinate and manage all field operations including technical and operational aspects of the project.
• Manage relationship with consultants, contractors, donors and government agencies.
The Deputy Chief of Party will supervise several specialist and other positions, TBD.
• Advanced degree in public health or a related profession required
• Minimum of 15 years of appropriate demonstrated experience in managing complex public health programs of similar scope and size
• Work experience in Sub-Saharan Africa preferred especially related to HIV/AIDS services with maternal, newborn, and child health; reproductive health; family planning; and tuberculosis services
• Professional fluency in English and French required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Organization: CAMRIS International, Inc.
- Location: Kinshasa (Congo Democratic)
- Grade: Senior - Internationally recruited position - Senior level
- Public Health and Health Service
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Closing Date: 2016-03-13