Sr. Officer Capacity Development
Washington D.C. (United States of America)
Sr. Officer Capacity Development:
Location: Washington, DC
Description Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. The Program Advancement Department, contributes to realizing this purpose by:
• Learning, leveraging, and thought leadership for Pact’s core technical areas
• Ensuring quality programming through technical support and monitoring
• Contributing to innovative program design, monitoring and evaluation
The position will support the Capacity Development team within Program Advancement. S/he will provide strategic support to a portfolio of projects, develop tools and materials, train and mentor staff globally, and support new business development. The Sr. Officer will report to the Global Director of Capacity Development
• Support country offices through in-person and remote mentoring, training and knowledge transfer around key capacity development tools (i.e. Organizational Capacity Assessment, Organizational Performance Index, Network Analysis) and skills (i.e. facilitation, mentoring & coaching, training, presenting)
• Support country offices through in-person and remote mentoring, training and knowledge transfer around key organizational development areas (i.e. human resources, financial management, strategic planning, program management, communications)
• Support country office teams through in-person and remote engagements to integrate technical areas (i.e. integration of health, natural resource management, livelihoods, and governance) into capacity development strategies.
• Develop toolkits, collect success stories and other promotional materials, edit / review donor reports and provide other support for projects / countries assigned.
• Engage in and lead project design for proposal development, including the use of human centered design, political economy analysis, rapid assessments, and desk research.
• Design and lead research related to capacity development, for example reliability and validity studies of tools, and draft articles, blogs, and other types of materials for internal and external publications.
• Represent Pact at external events, including presentations and facilitation of conferences, participation in donor meetings, and networking with other implementing organizations.
• Supervise one to two staff, including the possibility of remote supervision.
• Represent Pact at external events and articulate Pact’s unique integrated and capacity development approaches to donors, implementing partners, and others
• Bachelor’s degree in Education, International Relations, Public Health, Public Policy or related field
• 8 years of experience working in international development (6 years of experience if candidate has a Master’s or higher degree), including the capacity development of and partnership with local civil society organizations and government institutions
• 4 years of experience working in / living in a low income country
• Experience in appreciative inquiry, Collective Impact, or other participatory and beneficiary focused approaches
• Experience designing, adapting and implementing organizational assessment tools
• Comfortable in small and large group facilitation, leading focus group discussions, and training
• Ability to establish and sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with Pact staff, donors, local partners, host governments and other implementing organizations
• Proficient with Microsoft Office programs
• Excellent written and oral communications, including previous experience in developing toolkits, journal articles or other publications
• Experience in designing and writing winning proposals, especially those for USAID, DfID, and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
• Travel up to 40% of time
• Advanced degree in Public Health and experience supporting PEPFAR funded projects or maternal and child health projects
• Experience using Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, or Adobe Illustrator and
• Experience in designing and leading e-learning through video courses, webinars, and e-mentoring
• Experience with social network analysis and mapping programs
• Fluency in French strongly preferred
• Experience using mobile data collection, including CommCare, Magpi, or Mobenzi
To apply for this position, please visit our website at www.pactworld.org
- Organization: Pact World
- Location: Washington D.C. (United States of America)
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Education, Learning and Training
- Closing Date: 2016-03-23