PROGRAM MANAGER - PRIME
CARE is seeking a Program Manager - PRIME (Pastoralist Resiliency Improvement through Market Expansion) that will be responsible for the overall management of CARE's $11.9 million portfolio under the PRIME project. This includes providing overall management support to CARE-led components under PRIME, including the key personnel position of NRM/CCA Team Leader, the Gender Advisor, the Capacity-Building Advisor, CARE implementation teams in Afar and partner implementation teams in Afar and Borena. S/he will provide overall financial, operational and programmatic management to technical leads, partners and implementing teams operating under CARE to ensure the organization's portion of PRIME is performing quality work, achieving the expected results, and spending and reporting on target. As part of this, s/he will liaise closely with the PRIME lead organization, Mercy Corps, to ensure that all CARE components are well integrated into the consortium management structures, and troubleshoot any challenges. S/he will also ensure that Mercy Corps-led components, primarily under market development and nutrition, are appropriately integrated into CARE's and partner's implementation on the ground.
- Staff supervision and talent management (25%)
- Project Management and Coordination (30%)
- Partner and consortium management and capacity development (15%)
- Networking and representation (15%)
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (15%)
- Master’s degree in appropriate technical field (international development, management) plus extensive and pertinent professional experience.
- Effective management of USAID/USG reporting, budgeting, procurement, and project management procedures.
- Excellent facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines under pressure.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership; ability to inspire and empower others
- Demonstrated technical and managerial ability, sound judgment, ability to interact and work effectively with others at all levels;
- Firm belief in and proven skills in effective team management and leadership.
- Solid experience in staff supervision and development.
- Ability to collaborate with people and organizations of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to motivate and achieve results from a diverse team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Proficiency in standard office software packages.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Firm belief in, and demonstrated commitment to, gender equality, sensitivity to HIV/AIDS, transparent and participatory management.
To apply for this position, please visit our website at https://chc.tbe.taleo.net/chc02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CAREUSA&cws=1&rid=3042
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply.
CARE USA is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE's career website at any time.
- Organization: CARE - USA
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Grade: N/A - Level not specified
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-03-09