Afghanistan RADP-North: M&E and Communications Director
UNDP/UNESP, Kabul, AFGHANISTAN
REGIONAL AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM (RADP) -NORTH
SCOPE OF WORK
M&E AND COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR (LTTA)
The purpose of the Regional Agricultural Development Program (RADP)-North is to improve food and economic security for rural Afghans in targeted provinces in northern Afghanistan. DAI aims to use well-reputed best practices to achieve sustainable agricultural development via value-chain enhancements, women’s participation, ministerial capacity building, and investments in the strengthening of small and medium enterprises. This sustainable agricultural development program will support the consolidation of licit economies to fuel economic growth and trade capacity; incentivizing local economies to transition away from dependency on illicit opium production.
The M&E and Communications Director is responsible for collecting, organizing, analyzing, and sharing data collected from RADP-North as well as all communications and reporting deliverables under the RADP-North contract. He/she will report directly to the Chief of Party and will oversee M&E and communications activities across all provinces. Additional responsibilities include:
• Maintain the project PMP;
• Oversee timely and accurate submission of Afghan Info updates;
• Monitor impact of project activities;
• Oversee the tracking and management of field monitoring reports (FMRs) and impact evaluations for RADP-North activities and those of its implementing partner organizations to ensure effective collection and analysis of performance data for all program activities
• Provide M&E data for all RADP-North deliverables including PMP, workplans, monthly and annual reports;
• Develop surveys and special studies, conduct evaluations as needed;
• Train and mentor local team in M&E best practices;
• Work with the Grants and Technical teams to complete the M&E portion of the grant close-out reports;
• Ensure data quality for all RADP-N databases and project tracking systems;
• Lead team in the compilation of all of RADP-North’s reports including: biweekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports;
• Responsible for the delivery of success stories, presentation materials, posters, media outputs, and other related strategic communications materials;
• Identify and address communication needs among all program activities and effectively report impact of communication campaigns;
• Ensure all communications materials developed are in compliance with USAID’s branding and marking rules and regulations;
• Oversee local communications team and communications inputs across all of RADP-North’s provinces; and
• Respond to USAID data requests and additional reporting needs as requested.
• Have at least 5 years of international development experience in M&E ; experience in Afghanistan, post-conflict, or transitional countries is highly desired;
• Have at least 3 years of communications experience with USAID projects including report writing and success story development;
• Knowledge of USAID marking and branding guidelines and style manuals;
• Excellent managerial skills with a demonstrated ability to provide timely deliverables;
• Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with senior host-government counterparts, local implementing partners, and other USG- and other donor-funded programs;
• BS in communications or related field - MS desirable;
• Strong communications skills with fluency in English language required; Reporting:
The M&E and Communications Director will report to RADP-North’s COP.
Please kindly send your cover letter and most recent resume to the link below.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Organization: DAI - International Development Company
- Location: UNDP/UNESP, Kabul, AFGHANISTAN
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Operations and Administrations
- Communication and Public Information
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Closing Date: 2016-03-15