Human Resources and Administration Officer (Turkish Nationals Only)- Ankara - Turkey
The Human Resources and Administration Officer is responsible for the implementation of official NRC Administration and HR policies and procedures in Ankara Office under guidance of Support Coordinator to fulfill the objectives in accordance with NRC's mandate, policies and country specific strategy.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- GENERIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement and train staff in NRC’s HR policies and procedures at the office
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies and the local labor law in all procedures and processes
- Coordinate staff recruitment and exits, introductions, trainings, staff benefits etc. on office level
- Coordinate with relevant partners, suppliers, authorities, lawyers etc.
- Ensure that staff records are up to date and filed appropriately
- Ensure reporting, documenting and payment of staff benefits, social security, taxes etc.
- Prepare periodic HR reports
- Advice and support line managers staff in HR processes
- SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist staff in roll-out and clarifying on HR policies, processes, procedures and standard NRC practices
- Update the NRC Turkey Staff List and prepare HR reports are required.
- Advertisement of National Positions for NRC Turkey (Receiving RR, JDs, job postings, filing of related docs, ...)
- Receiving applications and support in screening along with requesters
- Issue and follow up Job Offers for new staff
- Conduct Exit interviews for the national staff and follow up on Tracking for Exit procedures
- Follow up the HR practicalities of the International staff (leave days, insurance, proper hard and soft copy fillings....)
- Draft and prepare Employment and Service Contracts for All National staff, update tracking sheet and issue related letters (Contract cancellations, non-renewals, etc)
- Follow up, track and file Proof of Life forms for all National staff
- Implement and maintain a filing system for all administrational documents according to procedures
- Make travel arrangements, booking of flights, transportation, and hotel accommodation for NRC staff and visitors.
- Responsible for the processing of Residency permits, visas and work permits for both staff and visitors.
- Draft and issue Lease agreements for All NRC Turkey apartments, offices and warehouses. Ensure that utility bills are paid, draft and update tracking list.
- Follow up maintenance of international apartments and the main office.
- Implement the In-Country policy for International Accommodations including Phone lines, Internet providers, Security Items etc in liaison with the Security Coordinator and Support Coordinator
- Ensure a well-functioning reception and clean office premises
- Attend meetings on request to take down minutes and be capable of editing, typing and circulation to participants concerned.
- Support when needed, translation, printing, binding etc
- Experience from working as a HR Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Some knowledge of English
- Understanding of the relevant laws and statutory requirements.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Excellent experience in organizing events and coordinating with Internal/External parties
- Basic employee counselling skills
- Highly confidential
- Good computer application skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, database and network communications.
- Academy college / University
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environments
- Commencement : As soon as possible
- Contract Period : Until May 31st 2016, with a possibility of extension
- Salary / Benefits: According to NRC Salary Scale
- Duty Station: Ankara / Turkey
- Application procedures and CV registration:
- Please note that you are required to enter the GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for BOTH company and location
- NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Ankara
- Grade: L-5, International Limited - Senior level
- Human Resources
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: 2016-03-10