Accountants based in Manila and Davao (for Philippine nationals only)
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and violence. The ICRC has been working in the Philippines for more than 50 years. It carries out a range of activities to meet the needs of displaced and other vulnerable people, promote respect for international humanitarian law, and respond to emergencies, often in cooperation with its local partner, the Philippine Red Cross (PRC).
The ICRC Delegation in the Philippines is hiring for:
One (1) based in Makati City
One (1) based in Davao City
We are looking for two accountants. Under the leadership of the finance manager, the accountant is responsible for general accounting tasks and specifically monitoring and reconciling of inventory accounting. He/she performs analysis and assures proper understanding and reporting of financial data.
- Tracks, analyzes and resolves inventory accounting issues
- Coordinates with other stakeholders for accounting adjustments
- Coordinates with internal compliance and audit units
- Participates in implementing and improving workflows and controls
- Monitors and reconciles balance sheet accounts of main and field offices
- Certified public accountant or CPA
- Minimum of two years working experience in a similar function
- Full understanding of inventory cycle
- Knowledge of ERP applications such as JD Edwards is an asset
- Solid communication and coordination skills and a strong team player
- Strong analytical skills
- Very good computer skills (MS Excel 2013)
- Financial management
- Collaboration skills
- Rigorous and trustful
- Ethical conduct
- Analytical capacity
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunities for advanced learning and development programs
- Competitive compensation package
- A workplace with international and humanitarian workforce
Closing date of application: 15 March 2016
Contract starts: April 2016
Contract duration: Open-ended
Qualified applicants are requested to send their comprehensive resume, cover letter and a copy of valid NBI clearance to email@example.com with subject line: SURNAME First name – Accountant (cover letter, resume and NBI clearance should be in one PDF file).
Office Address: 5F Erechem Bldg., Salcedo corner VA Rufino Streets, Legaspi Village, Makati City
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.