Programme Coordinator (Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM))
Suva (Fiji )
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Reference Code: FJVN-2016-01
Position Title: Programme Coordinator (Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM))
Duty Station: Suva, Fiji
Type of Appointment: Consultant Contract, 3 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible (by end of March 2016)
Closing Date of Vacancy: March 10, 2016
Established in 1951, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) is the principal inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Recruitment for this position is done on a local basis, whether or not the candidate is a resident of the duty station.
Organizational Context and Scope of Work
Under the overall supervision of the Coordinator and Advisor for the Pacific / Chief of Mission (COM) at IOM Canberra, Australia, the direct supervision of the IOM Fiji Head of Office (HoO), and in close cooperation with the relevant units at the IOM Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific in Bangkok (ROAP), the incumbent will be responsible for the implementation of the Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) in response to Cyclone Winston in Fiji.
In particular, s/he will be assigned the tasks as set out below:
Setup and manage the overall Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Programme in Fiji.
Support in the supervision and management of project activities and the development of a country wide strategy of the data management and other relevant operations.
Establish and supervise field assessment with multi-layered data collection techniques to gather timely information about displacement, population mobility, movement flows, and any other source of data required.
Responsible for the production of all the required reports and information products on DTM, including, but not limited to, the analytical and statistical reports, displacement profiles, maps and other relevant products.
Develop, manage, implement, fund-raise for and report on DTM-related projects and programmes.
Regularly monitor, propose, and implement all necessary modifications in compliance of the information management systems and infrastructure as per IOM IT policies, standards and best practice for high performance, reliability and information security.
Provide guidance to programme staff, prepare and organize training for staff on project activities on a regular basis.
Develop and conduct training to relevant stakeholders as required for the implementation of programme activities.
Implement information dissemination tools and operational frameworks for data collection and sharing among key stakeholders.
Liaise and represent IOM at meetings and events where these programmes are being discussed.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
· Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism;
· Works effectively with all clients and stakeholders;
· Promotes continuous learning; communicates clearly;
· Takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management;
· Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
· Displays mastery of subject matter;
· Contributes to a collegial team environment;
· Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation;
· Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
· Works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
· Anticipates and prepares response to changing IT needs of the relevant organizational unit;
· Delivers optimal IT solutions within defined resource parameters;
· Correctly applies knowledge of specialized IT disciplines.
Emergency and Crisis
· Works effectively in high-pressure, rapidly changing environments;
· Coordinates actions with emergency response actors and making use of coordination structures;
· Supports adequate levels of information sharing between internal units, cluster partners, IOM and other emergency response actors;
· Establishes and maintains effective relationships with implementing partners;
· Makes correct decisions rapidly based on available information.
Required Qualifications and Experience
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Social Science, Information Management, Disaster Risk Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
· University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
· Experience and abilities using two or more of Relational Database Management Systems such as MS Access, MS SQL Server, MySQL , Postgresql, Oracle are a definite advantage;
· Experience in management and coordination of humanitarian assessments, Information Management, including IOM Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM);
· Experience working in international organizations, humanitarian community and familiarity with the humanitarian reform and cluster approach;
· Experience in project management and implementation;
· Experience in training data collectors working in camps and host communities;
· Experience in writing technical requirements documents, translating/planning specifications to technical briefs for data capture/analysis and compiling diverse datasets;
· Experience in advanced data visualization and information design skills;
· Proven skills to analyse statistical information;
· In-depth knowledge of the latest technological developments in information technology and information system;
· Knowledge and understanding of relational data theory;
· Working experience in the region is an asset.
Fluency in English required.
The all-inclusive fee for this Consultancy is equivalent to P2 of the IOM/UN Salary Scale for Staff in the Professional Category. IOM will cover travel expenses to/from the place of duty.
Before commencing work, the Consultant will be required to submit a statement of good health signed by a certified medical doctor, including confirmation that the Consultant’s vaccinations required for the country or countries to which travel may be required are up to date.
IOM only covers the Consultant against occupational accidents and illnesses under the Compensation Plan (CP), free of charge, for the duration of the assignment. IOM does not provide evacuation or medical insurance for reasons related to non-occupational accidents and illnesses. The Consultant is responsible for his/her own medical insurance for non-occupational accident or illness.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and one-page motivational cover letter by March 10, 2016 at the latest, referring to this advertisement, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. Applicants will be contacted only if under serious consideration for the assignment.