Senior Logistic Manager
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The role To lead on responding to and managing the growing needs within the Save The Children International (SCI) Yemen Country Office (CO) for effective core logistics capacity to support ongoing development programmes and emergency response interventions. In this to ensure that all policies and procedures of Save the Children are strictly adhered to and also to ensure that Save the Children's commitment to improving quality and accountability in development and humanitarian work is upheld, through reference to the Sphere Standards, Save the Children Quality Framework Essential Standards and the NGO Code of Conduct.
Qualifications and experience
- At least 7 years of national and/or International experience - of which at least 4 years with an INGO - in supply chain management, inclusive of procurement, transport and distribution, warehouse and stock management
- Strong experience in vehicle and fleet management
- Robust experience of NGO project cycle management and experience of working within a complex and matrix organisation structure
- Masters degree in Logistics, MBA or other relevant degree.
- Experience of building and developing the capacity of logistics staff through the use of training, performance management frameworks and development plans.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills and capacities to plan and think strategically
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Proficiency with Excel and Word platforms
- Experience in emergency response requirements and mechanisms; e.g. scale up and surge capacity.
- Working knowledge of Cash Transfer Programmes (CTP).
- Working experience in Yemen CO and/or the Region.
- Arabic language skills.
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with various incoming teams in the event of major emergencies
Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children's aims, values and principles, including rights-based approaches
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
Application Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: 'A.Aloqaily.email@example.com'
- Organization: Save the Children
- Location: Sanaa
- Grade: N/A - Level not specified
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-03-15