Team Lead, CHW Program
About Last Mile Health
Founded by the survivors of Liberia’s civil war, Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world’s most remote villages. The organization specializes in the development and management of professionalized Community Health Workers who bridge the gap between the health system and remote villages, bringing critical services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. LMH’s programs are implemented hand-in-hand with community members, local government officials, national policy makers, and global partners to ensure sustainable impact.
Last Mile Health is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
Working in partnership with Liberia’s Ministry of Health (MOH), alongside notable implementing partners, Last Mile Health is supporting the government in designing and rolling out a national community health workforce (CHW) program built on a network of trained community health workers providing essential health services to Liberia’s most remote populations. This national program aims to provide equitable access to health care services to the population of Liberia by strengthening community health interventions through a national standardized community health package of services to be provided by trained, deployed, and motivated community health workers.
LMH is seeking a Team Lead for an upcoming World Bank-funded community-based health project. The Team Lead, Community Health Workforce Program will work with LMH’s Programs and M&E team and the Liberian government to lead and oversee all activities related to the Community Health Workforce Program. The Team Lead will be responsible for overseeing:
· Policy development and finalization including protocols, guidelines, and standards for implementation of the Community Health Workforce Program, in coordination with National Community Health Systems team
· Training and deployment of CHW and supervisory cadres in select counties, in coordination with Programs team
· Program monitoring, evaluation, and operational research, in coordination with M&E team
This position is contingent upon award of funds.
Essential Job Functions
· Working with LMH’s Programs and M&E Teams, responsible for the direction and oversight of all technical work and management of project activities, and providing support and direction to the project team
· Coordinate with the Ministry of Health, Community Health Services Division, and other Health Workforce Program stakeholders to ensure effective implementation of the Community Workforce Program
· Participate and provide technical dialogue and meeting on implementation with the Ministry of Health and its partners
· Work with the Community Health Services Division of MOH on coordination and oversight of the CHW Program.
Qualifications and Experience
· Post graduate or master degree in related field as Public Health, Community Health, Health System Strengthening
· At least 8 years’ experience in Public Health Management, Planning, Health System Strengthening including experience in program planning and design, operations and management of large, complex projects
· Excellent communication skills in English, verbal as well as written
· Experience of working in mid to senior level of technical cadre in large scale program evaluations, operational research
· Demonstrated excellent report writing skills
· Strong communication and facilitation skills and ability to establish good working relationships
· Experience establishing new national-level programs, protocols, or procedures
· Experience working in resource-limited settings
· Strong stakeholder facilitation and coordination skills
· Strong program management, strategic planning, coordination, and policy and standards skills
· Experience working with national governments
· Experience conducting remote or field-based work
· Experience living and working in Africa
Commitment: 40 hours per week, minimum 12 month commitment
Location: Monrovia, Liberia
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience; housing and medical benefits available
Reports to: Director, Programs
Please submit a resume, letter of interest, and three professional references by March 28, 2016. Materials can be submitted at www.lastmilehealth.org/careers.
- Organization: Tiyatien Health
- Location: Monrovia (Liberia)
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Public Health and Health Service
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2016-03-28