Business Development Manager - Niger
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Contract length: 01 Year
The Business Development Manager is a senior position within the Country office Programme. The Business Development Manager will identify and track donor opportunities, facilitate donor engagement, assist in the development of fundraising strategies, and coordinate proposal development for large and strategic funding opportunities. The position requires innovative thinking and creativity to package our programme strategies in ways that attract the right donor support and grow out portfolio effectively. S/He will write sections of proposals that speak to our overall capabilities, while coordinating the input of technical advisors, Operations, Finance, HR and Security into proposals and budgets. Recognising that many conversations with donors involve a review or update around current grants as well as discussions about new opportunities.
Qualifications and experience
- Skilled in Social Sciences, Development area with a relevant Masters' Degree.
- Proven track record in producing winning bids and proposals for Institutional donors, corporates and others
- Proven ability to design high quality programs
- Recommended 8 years' experience in both an emergency and development contexts, preferably with solid experience in at least 2 priority sectors of Save the Children: education, protection, child rights governance, health and nutrition.
- Experience in both development and complex emergencies preferred.
- Excellent coordination and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, and pull together input from a diverse team.
- Excellent writing/editing, reporting, budget development and presentation/communication skills.
- Experience in presenting project information to donors and partners.
- Experience in coordinating development of large-scale or strategic proposals, including the development of multi-million dollar project budgets.
- Proven representation skills.
- Cultural awareness mastering and ability to work in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets.
- Experience in solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward.
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner.
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required.
- Commitment to Save the Children values, including willingness to abide by and enforce the Child Safeguarding policy
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Please apply in English or French using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
Application Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: 'Fsy.email@example.com'
- Organization: Save the Children
- Location: Niamey
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- External Relations
- Closing Date: 2016-03-16