Deputy Country Director-Programs - Islamabad, Pakistan
Action Against Hunger | ACF International, a global humanitarian organization committed to ending world hunger, works to save the lives of malnourished children while providing communities with access to safe water and sustainable solutions to hunger.
We are currently looking for Deputy Country Director - Programs for 6 months starting 1st March 2016.
You'll contribute to ending world hunger by ...
leading our dynamic team of technical coordinators to scale up our multi-sectorial response in Pakistan. You will play a key role in further developing and strenghthening Nutrition Sensitive programming on the mission
Key activities in your role will include:
- Overseeing the work of all Technical Coordinators to maximize the impact & quality of all program activities, in line with the mission’s strategic plan.
- Leading the program development process, with a focus on robust & appropriate programming. Through your Nutrition Expertise, you will provide overall direction to enhance integration of all programs to strengthen our capacity to tackle critical nutrition and health issues in Pakistan
- Technical Support and Capacity building of the Programs Team.Acting as an effective liaison between program & support departments to ensure the timely identification & resolution of key issues.
- Liaising and negotiating with partners & other actors in Pakistan. Represent Action Against Hunger in national level Nutrition & Health related advocacy forums
- Promote and enhance the mission's Research Portfolio in Nutrition Sensitive Programming
Does this description fit you?
You’re a seasoned Nutrition Specialist
- You have an advanced University degree (Masters/M-Phil) preferably in Human Nutrition, medical sciences or social sciences.
- You have at least 4 years experience of nutrition programs at national coordination level and experience with capacity building of health systems in developing contexts.
- You have proven experience working in complex humanitarian and development contexts, preferably leading projects with multiple funding streams & ambitious multi-sectorial objectives
- You are able to translate analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy.
You aim to deliver innovative, quality programming
- You are highly organized & pay attention to small details. You are passionate about finding creative solutions & innovative approaches to long-standing & critical problems.
- You intuitively adapt how you communicate technical analysis, mission strategy, as well as donor policies & procedures, to suit different audiences - both verbally & in writing.
- You are able to consolidate & polish contributions from a large team to ensure reports are comprehensive & coherent. You identify & support less experienced technical managers to improve their reporting skills.
Your leadership style reinforces trust within your team
- You are calm under pressure, diplomatic & able to easily adapt to changing circumstances.
- You model to your direct reports how to adapt your communication style to suit colleagues from other cultures & professions. You are able to adjust your own style to represent ACF appropriately with a range of national counterparts.
- You are goal-oriented while also being genuinely committed to helping others succeed.
You’re a super communicator
- You are able to adjust your own style to represent ACF appropriately with a range of national counterparts, as well as colleagues from other cultures & professions.
- You are fluent in English.
- You have the ability to work in a mainstreamed manner and analyze/capitalize institutionalized information.
- Organization: ACF - Action against Hunger/Action Contre la Faim
- Location: Islamabad (Pakistan)
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-03-31
Damascus | Syria (Syria)
North Lebanon Area | Syria (Lebanon)
Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position
Ottawa | Panamá (Canada)
potiskum | Abuja