Open Data Lead
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Open Data Lead
The objective of the USAID/Ukraine Transparency and Accountability in Public Administration and Services (TAPAS) will be to support the Government of Ukraine to implement visible and successful reforms in public administration and services to greatly reduce or eliminate corruption in key areas through the implementation of electronic procurement, development of Open Data in Ukraine, and delivery of eServices to fight corruption. There will also be cross-cutting results and interventions related to technology implementation, capacity building in both the public sector and civil society, and public awareness.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Lead a team dedicated to supporting Government of Ukraine efforts to develop a robust Open Data program, including support for the national Open Data Portal as well as comprehensive consulting and training programs for public sector organizations at the national and local government levels seeking to implement Open Data programs
- Develop and support a program of “Open Data Champions” in the Government of Ukraine
- Build the capacity of Open Data government counterparts to implement policies related to data privacy and security, definition of data sets, data formats, and frequency of release
- Identify opportunities to utilize Open Data and technological solutions to offer public services, particularly those relevant to vulnerably populations
- Contribute to public awareness campaigns to increase access to and analysis of data by various stakeholders including civil society organizations, businesses, researchers, and the media
- Oversee linkages of Open Data to identify opportunities to reduce corruption and increase public sector transparency
- Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent - Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
- 8 years of experience in areas of governance, policy, public administration, or related areas; 3 of which include developing and implementing public sector Open Data programs preferably in the Central and Eastern Europe region
- Deep understanding of the related technology, required legislation and policies, and global best practices for policy and practice
- Experience providing training of public sector and civil society counterparts in areas of public administration, preferably Open Data
- Experience specific to Central and Eastern Europe, preferably in Ukraine
- Fluency in English required, fluency in Ukrainian preferred
This position is contingent upon funding and USAID approval.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law. **