A NUTRITION AND HEALTH PROGRAM MANAGER - YEMEN
Aden | Sanaa
We are looking for:
A NUTRITION AND HEALTH PROGRAM MANAGER
Context: In Yemen, based in Aden, in emergency context
Length of contract: 6 months starting as soon as possible
The Position:** Under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, you will be responsible to ensure the development, implementation and monitoring of nutrition and health programmes in targeted governorates. More precisely, you will be in charge to:
Ensure management and coordination of nutrition and health program
- Participate in the reactivation of ACF nutrition and health projects in the targeted districts.
- Analyse and control the technical performance and relevance of the projects in place taking into account the emergency needs.
- Follow up the activities, and evaluate the quality of the programs by developing a strong remote management process and conducting regular field visits
- Ensure the timely production of activity and technical reports
Develop, Manage and Strengthen partnership at local level
- Ensure Health Facilities capacity diagnosis
- Establish with the Minister of Public Health (MoPH) key indicators and clear strategy for the implementation and the exit (rescheduling) of ACF support
Manage and Ensure capacity building of the ACF nutrition/health team
- Define a capacity building plan including priorities and deadlines and provide supportive mechanisms for capacity development of ACF nutrition/health team
- Conduct yearly evaluation of the skills and performance of ACF nutrition/health team members
- Ensure recruitment of team members when needed
Ensure monitoring & evaluation and capitalization activities
- Develop and implement appropriate data collection tools, especially for health component
- Implement and analyse nutrition/health assessment, monitoring and evaluation activities, including: conduct rapid SMART surveys
- Propose and prepare relevant programs in complement/expansion/ reduction to the existing ones
- Participate in donor reporting (ACF), MoPH and nutrition cluster reporting
- Participate in the development and quality management of project capitalization activities
Participate in representation and coordination activities – internal and external
The Applicant: You hold a master degree in nutrition, medical doctor or nursing, with a previous field experience in implementing emergency nutritional and medical interventions. You hold an extensive experience in conducting assessments, designing and implementing of health and nutrition programs.
Knowledge and understanding of Primary Health Care and Community-based Management of Acute Malnutrition is required. Your ability to assess household and community needs and to set up a strong rapport and trust within the community and key stakeholders, is recognized.
First experience in training and management of technical teams is compulsory.
Recognized for your capacity to work in different levels of coordination, you have developed excellent diplomatic communication, organizational skills and team management.
Ability and willingness to travel extensively to the field, under sometimes difficult and occasionally insecure circumstances are needed.
Proficiency in written and spoken in English required. Knowledge of Arabic language is a plus
Salaried - Gross monthly salary ranging from €1600 to €1975
SPECIFIC ALLOWANCE IS GRANTED FOR THIS POSITION
Food and hygiene expenses, per diem, transportation costs, collective accommodation and medical insurance
25 days of annual paid leaves and 20 days of rest and recuperation (R&R) per year
To apply, please visit our website:
Follow our job offers and join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/acf.jobs/
- Organization: ACF - Action against Hunger/Action Contre la Faim
- Location: Aden | Sanaa
- Grade: Mid level
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Health service
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Sexual and reproductive health
- Closing Date: 2016-04-05