A Country Director - Ethiopia
Length of contract: 24 months starting from the 15th June 2016
The position: You are responsible to:
- Steer the process of Strategy formulation and ensure its implementation
- Ensure the successful development and implementation of the programmes
- Explore the possibilities for further programme development and in-country funding opportunities
- Identify and agree with HQ Programmes and Policy key strategic issues
- Represent Action Against Hunger at external meetings with donors, government bodies and partners
- Represent ACF to national authorities, international donors, international organisations and other NGOs at national level
- Ensure the integration of monitoring and evaluation into all aspects of country programming
- Manage the execution of strategic planning (approval and execution of projects and programmes) and operative planning (staff incorporation, organisation changes, implementation, etc.)
- Represent Action Against Hunger (i.e. other international agencies, local organisations, local governments, Embassies, media, donors, etc.) in the country.
- Propose and implement fundraising activities in the country
- Guarantee the definition and implementation of an efficient system of monitoring and evaluation for the different humanitarian programmes directly executed or with partners.
- Ensure the fulfilment of the evaluation systems and procedures established by ACF policies (Nutrition, Food Security and Water and Sanitation)
- Manage office staff: selection and team development, performance management and staff skills assessment.
- Ensure the security management for the country team.
From non-specialized or technical background, you have a minimum experience of 3 years in humanitarian aid (including 1 year as a coordinator) in two different contexts. You demonstrate a strong knowledge of team and project cycle management and have good communication and representation skills. Knowledge of donors desirable.
You have a master or Grande écoles degree. You have a minimum working experience of 8 years in the private or public sector, including 3 years in an executive position and at least 2 years in expatriation. You demonstrate a strong knowledge of team and project cycle management and have good communication and representation skills.
To apply, please visit our website on our website at the following address :
- Organization: ACF - Action against Hunger/Action Contre la Faim
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-05-01