Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Contract length: 36 Months
Save the Children's Egypt Country Office is facing exciting opportunities and challenges. It has grown its development and humanitarian programming in recent years and must continue to deliver on this whilst scaling up or down as required to meet the changing needs of children and their families.
The principle purpose of the Egypt Country Director is to lead the country team to deliver the country strategy bringing about lasting positive change to the lives of deprived and vulnerable children and their families.
As a member of the Middle East & Eurasia Senior Leadership Team, the Country Director will also have shared accountability for Save the Children's international development and emergency programming in the region of $150+ million each year through an organisation of 2,000+ people.
Qualifications and experience
- Master degree level qualification or equivalent length of experience in the sector
- Substantial experience of building, leading and developing a diverse team of senior staff to deliver on both development and humanitarian programs
- Experience working with large, complex donors to secure and/or manage new large-scale and/or competitive funding
- Experience of managing a humanitarian crisis situation requiring quick changes to priorities and rapid action to respond
- Excellent understanding and experience of risk, programme, financial and operational management processes
- Experience of successfully leading change in an organisation
- Experience of building effective personal networks at a senior level
- Experience of managing security in a complex and rapidly changing environment
- Good understanding of key trends in international and humanitarian development
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Experience of Egypt with sound knowledge of the country context and key government and civil society stakeholders
- Experience of working for an international membership organisation or similar
- Fluency in local language
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
Application Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: 'firstname.lastname@example.org'
- Organization: Save the Children
- Location: Cairo
- Grade: Senior - Internationally recruited position - Senior level
- Operations and Administrations
- Project and Programme Management
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: 2016-03-22