Senior Research Advisor - Faith in Development
Washington D.C. (United States of America)
World Vision is a relief, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 45,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Senior Research Advisor – Faith in Development you will focus on building the organization’s evidence for Faith in Development. You will provide technical leadership to all research initiatives at the global level that will position World Vision as a credible faith organization in the development and humanitarian contexts. You will build networks with leading research institutions and experts in faith and development and will identify, design and provide Primary Investigator leadership and support in prioritized research focused on faith in development. You will also coordinate the documentation, publication, and dissemination of WV research findings to ensure that our research is well positioned for use both internally and externally.
- PhD in Social Science Research with a focus on development studies or faith studies.
- Seminary Training, and or Theological/Missiological Education.
- iNGO experience, or experience working in the development or humanitarian sector.
- 7 or more years of designing and conducting field research within the development/humanitarian sector.
- Spanish or French
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date.** For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Organization: World Vision
- Location: Washington D.C. (United States of America)
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Scientist and Researcher
- Closing Date: 2016-03-25