Programme Assistant SC-5 (MDR-TB Program) Field Offices
Pakokku - Mawlamyine - Lashio - Sittwe - Myitkyina | Yangon
World Food Programme Myanmar – Vacancy Announcement
Contract type : Service Contract SC-5
Post title : Programme Assistant (MDR-TB Program)
Number of Posts : Five
Duty Stations : Pakokku, Mawlamyine, Lashio, Sittwe and Myitkyina
Report To : Programme Associate
Required Period of Service : One Year (Extendable)
Deadline for application : 24 March 2016
Qualified women are especially encouraged to apply
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of Head of Sub-Office at each duty station and the overall supervision of the Programme Associate in Yangon, the Programme Assistant will be responsible for, and not limited to, the following duties:
• Monitor the food and nutrition assistance for MDR-TB programme in collaboration with National TB Program (NTP) at township, state/reginal and national level;
• Provide technical support to focal person(s) from NTP for nutritional assessment, counseling, behavioural change communication, food distribution, M&E and establishing proper storage;
• Organize relevant trainings and workshop as a part of technical support;
• Supervise re-packing at NTP distribution sites, quality control and proper storage;
• Supervise local labourers (for re-packing) and local food distribution volunteers to properly register patients, give right food ration and proper record keeping;
• Monitor food distribution and ensure that every eligible beneficiary receives entitled food ration;
• Monitor transport fees provided by NTP to patient, collect receipts monthly and cooperate with finance team to ensure sufficient advance is available with NTP focal;
• Collecting and compiling data, providing standard report to WFP CO and NTP;
• Within the specific area of responsibility, compile data and support analysis and preparation of reports (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) in order to support operational decision-making;
• Perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. food security and vulnerability assessments) following corporate standards and guidelines;
• Support NTP for organizing regular coordination meetings and programme review meetings;
• Be engaged in beneficiary contact and post distribution monitoring (PDM);
• Handling complaints and queries from the patients and stakeholders in the area of assignment regional and clinics level;
• Work and exchange information with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities;
• Support communication and activities with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions;
• Act as a point of contact for resolution of general operational queries requesting assistance where necessary;
• Perform any other appropriate duties as required.
Secondary school education. Supplemented by technical or university courses in a field related to programmatic activities will be advantaged.
Desired Experience for Entry into the Role
Preferable to have at least four years of progressively responsible support or humanitarian work experience.
• Has facilitated communication with technical teams (i.e. nutrition, VAM, etc.).
• Has contributed to implementation of programmes.
• Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.
Knowledge of humanitarian assistance and development practice. Training and/or experience utilising computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other standard WFP software packages and systems.
Fluency in both oral and written English and Myanmar. Ability to speak in local language will be an added advantage.
Please send applications to:
H**uman Resources Unit**
Programme Assistant SC-5 (MDR-TB Program)
United Nations World Food Programme
No. 5, Kanbawza Street, Shwe Taung Kyar 2 Ward
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Remark: Please mention the desired duty station in the application.
Note: Applications are invited from Interested Myanmar nationals. Interested candidates should submit their application with updated UN P-11 Form, relevant educational certificates showing highest level of educational attainment and the names and contact information of three references. Please mention in the applications if there is, blood/marriage relationships with the existing WFP employees. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Please do not send original documents as they will not be returned.
- Organization: UN WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Pakokku - Mawlamyine - Lashio - Sittwe - Myitkyina | Yangon
- Grade: Mid level
- Public Health and Health Service
- Project and Programme Management
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- HIV and AIDS
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2016-03-24