Administrative Officer- 1 Vacancy based in Kaabong (Ugandan Nationals Only)
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Administrative Officer reports to the Operations Manager or Equivalent and is responsible for providing oversight to the management of human resources and administrative support for Mercy Corps programming in Kaabong Office, Assist in the achievement of MC program objectives with the facilitation of recruitment, orientation, management of staff database, office supply, staff travel and accommodation, and general administration issues in the HR / Administration Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Adhere to Mercy Corps mandated, procedures and controls including: Field Administration, Field Procurement, Logistics, Asset Management and Finance procedures.
Assist in training and orientation of new staff in those procedures.
Oversee the smooth flow of routine, administrative work in Kotido office and ensure office and personnel policies are in compliance with Mercy Corps Field Administration Manual and National Staff Policy Handbook.
Prepare and implement guidelines for support functions of the reception, photocopies, translation services, office cleaning and maintenance.
Ensure proper functioning and maintenance of the office and guesthouses equipments like photocopiers, printers, Cookers, fridges etc
Facilitate timely payments for electricity, water, DSTV and any other related bills for the facilities.
Responsible for maintaining an accurate inventory of office supplies to include stationery, Consumables and Catridges/Tonner.
Overall responsible for all travel and accommodation arrangements for Mercy Corps Guests and staff in Kaabong.
Responsible for managing maintaining confidentially an appropriate and up to date filing system including the following; Staff/personnel files, Employment & Service contracts and leave database, Stock/inventory files, Staff meeting minutes
Maintain confidentiality of all national staff personnel issues including disciplinary procedures and contract/ pay rates etc.
Assist in collecting monthly staff timesheets.
In liaison with the respective supervisors prepare staff position description, recruitment processes & contracts,
Participate in disciplinary actions, hiring and termination meeting for the Kaabong office as necessary, advise staff (national and international) on disciplinary procedures.
Prepare and attend staff general and coordination meetings and compile the minutes as discussed and agreed upon by chairperson/supervisor.
Assist in conducting or arranging for trainings and or other human resource development activities.
Support in managing and renewal of office and guesthouse rental agreements.
Administer all health insurance issues for Kaabong staff as well as
Follow up on staff Identity Cards, Medical cards and business card issues.
Prepare accurate and timely bi-weekly reports to Supervisors.
Receive, store and issue goods & supplies for Kaabong office
Support in procurement process from time to time, especially in managing hotel PSAs
Conduct him/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to mercy Corps and not to jeopardize it’s humanitarian mission
Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum of a Degree in preferably Human Resource, Business Administration, Social Work, Public Administration, Education, or other related field
· 3 years experience in a similar position and or similar roles preferably with International Non-Government Organization and in a multi-cultural environment
· Demonstrated excellence in human resource management, particularly in a multi-cultural environment, including techniques for staff development, training, motivation, and disciplinary handling
· Very good writing and communications skills.
· Good negotiation, representation, skills and the ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse staff.
· Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
· Strong ability to innovatively solve problems.
The successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
· A strong team player, with good communication and diplomatic skills.
· Very good analytical and information management skills.
· Good organizational skills and ability to work under stress.
· Flexible and creative in planning and problem solving.
· Attention to detail, ability to follow procedures and meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
· Skill in maintaining professional internal and external relationships.
· Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information both for the staff and the organization.
Applications: Submit your application through email to email@example.com addressed to the HR Manager, Kampala Head Office on 4th Floor Embassy Plaza, Plot 1188-1190 Ggaba Road. Include a cover letter clearly stating your salary requirements, CV (with 3 referees), and copies of academic qualifications/certificates. Deadline for Submission: Close of business on Thursday, March 24, 2016. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by Mercy Corps. MercyCorps is an equal opportunity employer; qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Organization: Mercy Corps
- Location: Kampala
- Grade: Mid level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-03-24