Fiscal Agent Manager
Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) is a leading professional services company that provides specialized services associated with the planning, design, implementation, evaluation, and monitoring of development programs across a range of physical, economic, and social infrastructure sectors
We have an immediate need for an experienced Fiscal Agent Manager for an on-going project in Morocco.
The Fiscal Agent Manager will be responsible for the financial management of Program funds for an on-going project in Morocco. The Fiscal Agent Manager will provide professional services for fiscal management and funds control such as budgeting, financial management, internal controls, accounting, cash disbursements, financial reporting, and account reconciliation to ensure the proper, efficient, effective, and transparent use of funds to be provided under the Program
He/She will train and support the Government of Morocco’s counterparts in their fiscal accountability responsibilities including financial management and reporting.
- Financial management experience in the Education Sector (Employability) and Land Productivity Sector is desirable.
- Regional experience in Northern Africa is desirable.
- 15 + Years working as a Financial Management Professional
- Experience setting up Financial Management Operations
- Proven Leadership qualities related to: Team management of Finance professionals
- Prior experience with international donors: MCC, MCA or Global Fund preferred but not required.
- Significant experience in: design, maintenance and use of automated financial management and accounting systems.
- SAP-based systems preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with: Contract management, administration and procurement procedure is desirable.
Advanced degree in business (MBA), economics, finance, accounting, or a related field
Chartered Accounting certifications such as ACCA, CA or CPA, or a Master’s Degree in Finance
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Administer financial management of donor funding to implement the Program efficiently and effectively.
- Design and implement a single chart of accounts and financial reporting templates for the entire Program.
- Establish and implement internal control mechanisms which provide reasonable assurance of accomplishing objectives in terms of reliability of financial reporting, compliance with laws and regulations, and effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
- Set-up automated budgeting, commitment, and accounting systems, and maintain and monitor these systems on a daily basis.
- Assist in designing, implementing, and updating a Fiscal Accountability Plan.
- Take all necessary actions to prepare or assist in putting together any documents, budgets, plans, reports, disbursement requests, or certifications as may be required.
- Assist in developing Detailed Financial Plans for the Program on a rolling, quarterly basis.
- Transfer knowledge and skills to Government counterparts on the financial and grants management systems and internal controls used by the Fiscal Agent office.
- Provide advice on the financial activities of the Program including reviewing contracts related to procurement of goods, works, and services.
- Protect the financial management activity from fraud, waste, and abuse.
- Respond promptly and fairly to complaints about the timeliness of payments.
- Cooperate and collaborate with Government counterparts, the donor, and Implementing Entities and provide inputs wherever required.
- Assume other operational, functional, and contractual obligations and responsibilities as is customary in performing the duties of a Fiscal Agent.