Middle East Academy Centre Director
Dubai | Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate and motivated individual to join us as Academy Centre Director and shape, during its start-up phase, the Humanitarian Leadership Academy’s new centre in the Middle East, building the foundations for the Academy’s ambitious work.
The mission of the Humanitarian Leadership Academy is to empower people around the world to prepare for and respond to crises in their own countries. The Academy works with the humanitarian sector and new partners from the technology industry, private sector and universities to help communities become more resilient in the face of disaster and give them the training and skills to respond to crises in their own countries.
As Academy Centre Director you will be responsible for setting the strategic direction of the Academy Centre and lead on the development and implementation of the annual and long-term strategic regional priorities. You will also recruit, mentor and lead the Academy Centre team, showing particular attention to professional development. In addition you will:
- Lead the expansion of the Academy Centre’s presence and activities throughout the Middle East region and ensure relevant quality standards and delivery methodologies are integrated into all of the Academy’s Middle East programmes
- Manage the Middle East Academy Centre budget effectively, regularly monitoring expenditure of capacity building activities to ensure activities remain within budget
- Identify new business development opportunities within the market and develop a long-term strategic approach to the sustainability of the Middle East Academy centre
- Lead on the formation and management of regional and national partnerships with key stakeholders including national and local government and other relevant networks to enhance the Academy Centres ability to deliver the products and services.
To be successful as Academy Centre Director you will be an instinctive strategic thinker and leader with the ability to empower and motivate your team. In addition, you will have the dynamic and flexible approach that is required in any fast-paced and ambitious start-up environment. You will also:
- Have solid strategic business development experience with a proven record of leading a sizeable, complex service delivery operation
- Have an in-depth understanding of the Middle East region with robust knowledge and understanding of challenges of professional development and the associated learning and development needs of the Middle East audience
- Have previous budget and financial management of at least £1m
- Have experience of developing and leading productive partnerships with organisations, networks, funding bodies and companies
- Be fluent in English and Arabic.
If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 27th March 2016
- Organization: Save the Children
- Location: Dubai | Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)
- Grade: Mid level - Internationally recruited position
- Project and Programme Management
- Disaster Management (Preparedness, Resilience, Response and Recovery)
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: 2016-03-27
NO-C, National Professional Officer - Locally recruited position
Addis Ababa | Ethiopia (Ethiopia)
Bangui (Central African Republic)
Gaza (Palestinian Territory)