Emergency Program Manager
International Medical Corps, a global humanitarian nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs, seeks candidates for the position of Emergency Program Manager for our Programs in Syria.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
International Medical Corps is implementing health and psycho social support programs for vulnerable Syrians.
The Emergency Program Manager is responsible for identification, technical and financial monitoring, and successful implementation of his/her Emergency Projects. The Emergency Program Manager works closely with respective staff within International Medical Corps Operations Department, to ensure the identification and cost- effective, timely and result based management and implementation of Emergency Projects. The Emergency Program Manager may be responsible for any other tasks outside his/her normal area of responsibility as assigned by line management. The Emergency Program Manager reports to the ERT Team Director concerning all responsibilities as specified below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation.
Identification, development and acquisition of projects
• Identify projects, project ideas and concepts (via data gathering, assessments, coordination)
• Develop projects and/or elaboration of projects in cooperation with partner organizations
• Design and develop project proposals in liaison with ERT members
• Identify potential donors for project funding
Effective implementation of the Emergency project portfolio
• Draw up contract agreements with partners, auditors, government representatives
• Ensure donor contract requirements/compliance
• Prepare TOR and monitor evaluations of projects
• Cooperate with HR Department in the identification and selection of new staff, technical assistance and consultants
• Ensure successful and qualitative project implementation
• Appraise and review narrative reports to be submitted to donors as required
• Undertake travel to existing and potential Emergency Program partners and projects (monitoring trips)
• Trouble shooting
Liaison with partner organizations and institutions
• Support Emergency Team Leader in identifying relevant stakeholders for the Emergency Program (UN, Country Health Teams, NGOs, donor agencies, private sector)
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with donor agencies and partners
• Coordinate activities with similar activities undertaken by other organizations
• Ensure lessons learning processes (project related, IMC relations, and operational systems)
Contribution towards the development and implementation of the International Medical Corps mission and strategy
• Participate in working groups, seminars, meetings, etc with relevance for the Emergency Program as agreed upon with the Emergency Team Director
• Support the Emergency Team Director in developing the Emergency LRSPs and AOPs (program strategy, organizational strategy)
• Coordinate with other departments within International Medical Corps (Communications, Finance, HR, Admin, Security) concerning the (Emergency) Project portfolio
• Ensure information flow within the International Medical Corps system and participate in internal meetings and working groups
• Participate in training and development (literature, publications, and relevant papers/documents)
• Ensure mutual support within the team and contribute to teambuilding
• Other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
“To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation.”
• University degree preferably in humanitarian affairs or other relevant studies
• Over three years of professional experience in Disaster Relief; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in project management
• Familiarity with relevant stakeholders, especially international organizations (EU, UN)
• Good understanding of financial management and strategic planning
• Understanding and ability to work in unstable and multi-cultural environment (cultural sensitivity)
• Full computer literacy and adequate administrative skills
• Fluency in written and spoken English (Arabic and French Desirable)
“International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.”
Please visit this link: http://careers.internationalmedicalcorps.org/careers.aspx?adata=EPpAPADB%2fQcg475x9rQBB4VOfjnod6dpa2KKTUX2RlTbgJ4clDY%2fkVnxkDPA4TTyIZt7juHBZqIc8q0xM77thtZqx59kEcpzkzo6Pydm9d65Q%2fT3mnhaVTETG8exQYZp%2bApYYBEcy2YaGLJ0B%2bgeZirzGNjm%2bWurIU%2bpkQ3v7s5u%2b56hlI3fcZuvg4FD%2f1ctQw%3d%3d
- Organization: IMC - International Medical Corps
- Location: Damascus
- Grade: Mid level
- Humanitarian Aid
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: 2016-03-31