IT Team Lead and Project Coordinator
Job Title: IT Team Lead and Project Coordinator
Start Date: ASAP
General Description of the Programme
GOAL is an international humanitarian agency established in 1977 and currently operational in 19 countries world-wide. GOAL has an annual budget of approximately €160m and is supported by a range of donors including the Irish Government, UK Government, USAID and the European Union.
Overview of the role
This role involves providing project coordination and administration to deliver many projects simultaneously to time, cost and quality targets in an efficient manner with timely and accurate internal and external communication including project plans where appropriate.
The successful applicant will work in conjunction with an IT Project Manager to ensure successful delivery of their projects. The successful candidate would be expected to have IT experience and project coordination and\or management experience with strong communication and leadership ability. He\she will have excellent organizational and coordination skills with an ability to multitask and work with stakeholders in diverse locations. He\she will have previous experience in process mapping and documentation, be ambitious with a desire to carve out a career in project management.
Project Co-Ordinator Duties will include:
· Assisted with the development of a project plan, track that plan and monitor progress throughout the lifespan of the project.
· Develop process maps, prepare SOP’s and assist with training plans and project documentation.
· Facilitate meetings, prepare agendas, record minutes and allocate tasks accordingly.
Assist with management presentations.
· Assist the Project Manager to coordinate project phases and track progress.
· Liaise with the project team members, develop strong working relationships and be able to influence at all levels.
· Identify risks and update RAID log
· Develop a solid communication plan.
· Collate data and gather updates from project teams and stakeholders to prepare monthly and quarterly status reports and ensuring deadlines are met.
· Conduct thorough quality reviews on all reports and documentation to ensure consistency is maintained throughout the project.
The key responsibilities of the role will include:
· Provide input and recommendations into current process and ways in which it can be improved in terms of efficiency and effectiveness.
· Continuously looks for ways to improve our service level for our customers /stakeholders
· Supports organizational changes.
· Providing training to the business areas that support the processes
· Pro-actively take control of issues and provide solutions to customer/management
· Resolve and or escalate issues raised including those raised by team members
· Mentor and provide coaching support to associate team members
· Support & maintenance of IT Infrastructure & infrastructure related applications to ensure that systems are available to meet the Business requirements.
· Lead & Support IT Team.
· To support delivery of IT Transformation Programme e.g. IT Sourcing, Strategy etc
· Solve business and technology issues through collaboration and teaming
· Use business analysis techniques to support problem solving
· Design and implement technical architecture roadmaps to support IT strategy.
· Drive continuous improvement in area of operation management, process optimisation and cost management.
· Deliver infrastructure projects within agreed scope, budget and timescale.
· Third level qualification in either a Business or IT discipline.
· Hold or studying for a Project Management qualification (PMI or PRINCE2) would be desirable but not essential.
· Currently participating in the Project Management\Project Coordinator mentoring programs would be an advantage
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Have a good understanding of the SDLC and a background in software development or software testing would be advantageous.
· Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
· Proven team player
· Capable of problem solving
· Customer focused with a proven track record in your current role
· Possess strong analytical skills
· A strong background in MS Excel is essential.
· Be savvy in MS Excel, Powerpoint, Word and Microsoft project.
· Self-motivated with an ability to work in teams.
· Be enthusiastic, ambitious and keen to learn new skills with a positive attitude.
· Be able to work to strict deadlines.
· Attention to detail, conscientious and have an ability to work on your own initiative is also essential.
· Able to prioritize, delegate and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Possess the desire and the ability to lead and mentor the operations team in problem resolution and implementation of projects
General Terms and Conditions
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Candidates will be vetted in accordance with the GOAL Child Protection Policy.
Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible. "