Project Coordinator (Family Assistance Program (FAP))
Position Title : Project Coordinator (Family Assistance Program (FAP))
Duty Station : Istanbul, Turkey
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 11 April 2016
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Cabo Verde, Czech
Republic, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Israel, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Suriname, El Salvador, Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the programmatic supervision of the Sr. Specialist, IBM/FMS, and under the direct administrative supervision of the Chief of Mission, Turkey, the successful candidate will be based in Istanbul and will be accountable and responsible for the day to day management of the entire Family Assistance Program (FAP) network and its staff. This includes responsibility in assisting the FAP Management Team with the out and live of the FAP network, ongoing operational management, financial oversight, as well as security, stakeholder relations, performance and migrant service management.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
In close coordination with the Sr. Specialist, provide daily management and supervision of all FAP processing activities in the network, including training and technical assistance, while ensuring effective compliance by all FAP locations with donor project requirements.
Assign duties, designate staff to specific functions and monitor all FAP processes to maintain a successful FAP network in compliance with the service level requirements detailed in the contract.
Responsible for ensuring that all conditions in the project proposal signed between IOM and
the German government are adhered to by the staff under his/her daily supervision.
Identify means to ensure and maintain high level of integrity and data protection, consistent with the principles of the Organization to include the IOM Standards of Conduct and IOMs Data Protection Principles, and up with implementation and monitoring in support of the FAP Management Team.
In close cooperation with the FAP Management Team, identify FAP procedures that can be improved and take appropriate measures to ensure effective and timely implementation.
Continue to develop and maintain positive working relationships across the region with all relevant stakeholders including: donor counterparts, staff members within the FAP, local authorities, IOM Mission management/staff and subcontractors.
Represent the IOM Family Assistance Program in the Middle East Region and Germany, as requested by the FAP Management Team.
Assist in the timely preparation and accurate compilation of all FAP reports, briefings, background information, narratives and statistical reporting as required by the IOM FAP Management Team and donor.
In close coordination with the FAP Management Team, ensure efficient processing of urgent and sensitive matters to include timely and accurate reporting of all incidences occurring in the network and any inspections that take place.
Maintain and ensure confidentiality of all FAP-related matters, in accordance with guidelines and instructions.
As requested by the FAP Management Team, undertake duty travel within the region for
FAP site visits in support of operations, trainings and meetings.
Manage the day activities of FAP in Istanbul - ensuring smooth and efficient operations.
Liaise and coordinate with wider key stakeholders.
Responsible for security oversight with close coordination with IOM SSU country representative and UNDSS as appropriate.
Responsible for ensuring that the FAP is staffed adequately as per the staffing guidelines.
Supervise, lead and build capacity of the FAP Team Leaders in order to implement operations efficiently and effectively.
Responsible for overall staff management in terms of productivity, attrition, etc.
Take responsibility for the day to day running of the FAP network and of the FAP ups, which will include supervising applicable refurbishment, providing logistical/administrative support, preparing appropriate paperwork and templates for the FAP Management Team, procuring appropriate IT equipment, arranging IT configuration in conjunction with an appropriate expert (if not qualified), and any other reasonable requests relating to the establishment of the FAP.
Prepare, analyze and use the key management information.
Develop and monitor budgets in consultation with the Project Monitoring Officer and FAP Management Team in HQs.
Reporting: Timely submission of weekly/monthly/quarterly reports for monitoring and
oversight of FAP network performance.
Hire and oversee the development in terms of reference and other recruitment matters in close coordination with the FAP Management Team. Assist in the performance evaluation of processing staff.
Provide excellent migrant service to applicants at all times, in full compliance with the
- Supervise, oversee and coordinate with the Integration Project Coordinators for optimal FAP
efficiency and effectiveness.
Maintain a professional appearance and migrant-friendly demeanour at all times.
Take active steps to mitigate fraud and malfeasance, and to monitor the integrity of records containing individual data.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Masters degree in Business Management, Client Services, Social Science or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
• Relevant professional experience in a similar setting & capacity; supervisory experience; Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy & confidentiality in performing responsibilities;
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint. Good knowledge of information technology and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Publisher;
• Previous work experience in international organizations and service industry companies would be an advantage;
• Strong interpersonal & intercultural skills with an attention to detail.
Fluency in English and Arabic is required. Working knowledge of German is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM Recruitment system, by 11 April 2016 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM recruitment system.
From 29.03.2016 to 11.04.2016
Requisition: VN 2016/73 (P) - Project Coordinator (FAP) (P3) - Istanbul, Turkey (54775795) Released
Posting: Posting NC54775802 (54775802) Released
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Operations and Administrations
- Public Policy and Administration
- Project and Programme Management
- Operations and Administrations
- Public Policy and Administration
- Closing Date: 2016-04-11