We are looking for a highly qualified candidate who can be in charge of planning, supervising and implementing all community empowerment and livelihood projects in his/her AOR.
Who are we?
DRC has been operating in the Middle East and North Africa for over a decade, running a combination of livelihood, protection, advocacy and relief projects. DRC has six project offices throughout Iraq, Lebanon, Syria, Tunisia/Libya, Turkey, and both a country and regional office in Jordan.
DRC Lebanon has been assisting the Syrian displaced, fleeing Syria into northern Lebanon, since May 2011. This assistance has come through the provision of food and non-food items, various outreach activities (registration, follow-up and awareness sessions) rehabilitation of collective shelters and the implementation of quick impact projects.
For further information about DRC, please refer to our website: www.drc.ngo
• Develop, update and follow up a detailed work plan in coordination with CEL manager and in line with the project requirements to achieve program deliverables
• Ensure proper documentation of project activities in line with the donor regulations and DRC internal compliance rules.
• Identify potential livelihood activities based on market and livelihood assessments (life skills development, cash for training, vocational trainings, apprenticeship schemes…) and ensure their timely implementation
• Organize and conduct livelihoods profiling exercises in Tripoli and T5 in coordination with the referring sector (Protection, etc.)
• Support in developing the livelihoods profiling tool, provide technical advice aiming at improving the outreach process
• Design and analyse the need assessments phase with hostand refugee communities including municipalities,community representatives and youth (maintaining gender balance)
• Strengthen the capacities of community actors to enable them to address concrete needs and problems in their communities
• Conduct follow up visits in order to ensure the completion of all activities in order to proceed with hand over process
• Assess sector procurement needs and submit Order Request and payment request according to DRC procedures and follow up on all contracts, documents and payments related tothe project
To be successful in this role you must have a University degree or advanced degree in social studies, economics, community development, or social entrepreneurship; at least 2 years of proven experience in similar position (Community-based and livelihood interventions);
Ideally you will also have Familiarity with cash programming (cash for work, etc.) and ability to incorporate lessons learned from similar experiences. In addition to proven communication, interpersonal, representation and negotiation skills, specifically with local partners and authorities.
An interesting job in one of the world’s best NGOs. DRC will offer the successful applicant a 4.5 months contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from April 2016 in Tripoli.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National staff. This position will be placed at level C1, equivalent to 1,650USD per month.
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework (http://www.drc.dk/HAF.4265.0.html
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or go to www.drc.ngo
and find Current Vacancies. All applicants should send a cover letter and an updated CV no longer than four pages, both in the same language as the vacancy note. Your CV should also include contact details of three professional referees. (Applications sent to the email email@example.com
will not be taken into consideration)
DRC reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the below deadline
Applications close 14 April 2016. The interviews are expected to take place within one week after the deadline.