Associate Technical Advisor, Latin America Women Empowered Programs
Guatemala City (Guatemala)
The Associate Technical Advisor (ATA), Latin America programs will lead Women Empowered (WE) Initiative technical assistance and program quality activities, provide strategic direction and support monitoring, evaluation, research and documentation for the LAC region’s Women Empowered (WE) Initiative programs.
The WE ATA will serve the LAC region, based in Guatemala City. This position will report to the Country Director and the Global Director of the Women Empowered Initiative, working closely with members of the Program teams as well as PCI IO WE and SII associates on regional activities.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Technical Assistance and Capacity Building
- Provide remote and in-country technical assistance to implementing field teams
- Provide input to strategic direction to programs in the region, contributing to the development and implementation of specific strategies and methodologies in the following technical areas:
- Program Expansion
- Youth engagement (urban and rural)
- Urban WE implementation
- Wealth Generation Pathways
- Gender Equity Mainstreaming and Male Engagement
- Facilitate LA regional WE youth development and WE urban working groups - track working group objectives and deliverables, and lead the development and monitoring of the groups’ work plan
- Contribute to sustainability and expansion of the WE initiative in the region through partnership identification, networking and other expansion planning activities.
- Participate in resource development at all phases, including proposal development.
- Ensure maintenance of established WE programs, supporting the development and monitoring of program work plans.
- Promote regional WE Training, M&E, PQM and DQA activities.
- Participate in regular program quality calls with PCI headquarters technical staff.
Program Quality Management
- Lead the review of all WE reports and ensure the highest quality in regional country programs.
- Ensure program quality, pursue technical innovations and promote synergies between WE and PCI’s other social and economic development projects.
- Provide technical assistance to regional field staff to identify and optimize the use of internal WE program data, technical strategies and existing best practices, lessons learned and research across key sectors.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of key studies to inform WE programmatic decision-making, project designs and institutional learning.
- Facilitate the process of documenting lessons learned, challenges, and opportunities to improve field practice of WE in the region.
- Regularly apply, update and monitor WE performance against best field practices.
- Continually improve the WE methodology, manuals and training materials based on best practices and lessons learned in the field.
Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation
- In coordination with SII leads, provide ongoing support to in-country WE-related SII activities, including in the review of the WE M&E plans, baseline studies, surveys and assessments, mid-term/final evaluations, special studies and reporting.
- Work with SII, program and M&E teams to carry out regular data quality assessments (DQA) of WE program data; develop strategies and refresher trainings to address deficiencies found during DQA.
- Produce and disseminate high quality WE case studies, success stories, best practices and lessons learned that are supported with an evidence-base, beneficiary testimonials, impact/comparative data and other relevant information.
- Assist SII and in-country M&E teams in maintaining effective management information systems (MIS) for WE Program activities, including the VSLA industry standard online MIS.
Support in the development, validation and field testing of PCI’s measurement tools used in support of WE program impact measurement. Required Skills
Advanced Degree in Public Health, International Development, Social Studies, (Agricultural) Economics or related field, or BA and commensurate relevant work experience at international or national levels in leading quality programming;
Four years of professional experience, two in a similar role
Experience in economic capacity building, microcredit, savings groups, income generating work, as well as business skills training and partnership building preferred.
Knowledge and experience in research design, analysis and systematization, with a proven track record in leading field-level research/studies/assessments/evaluations.
Written and spoken Fluency in English (required) and Spanish (required)
Strong research and writing skills in English (required) and Spanish (required)
Ability to take initiative, solve problems, anticipate actions, and to use creative means to complete tasks
Ability to work as an integral part of a team, taking guidance and input from supervisors and peers
Strong time-management skills and ability to work to deadlines
Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and commitment to PCI’s core values.