Case Management Assistant X2 -Sanliurfa
The Case Management Assistant has the responsibility of supporting the Case Management Officer develop quality and timely assistance for the most vulnerable cases; it involves assessing beneficiaries’ identification, supporting direct assistance, supervision of volunteers and case management.
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organization, founded in 1956, that works in more than 35 countries around the world. DRC has been operating in Turkey since early 2013, working with by and large with non-camp Syrian refugees and affected host communities. DRC is committed to basic humanitarian principles; including impartiality and neutrality, and offers the highest standards of accountability to the people it serves. The overall objective for DRC in Turkey is the protection and promotion of durable solutions to displacement affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights with more immediate objectives focusing both on the immediate subsistence needs, protection and self-reliance support as well as a more long term focus on capacity building. In Turkey, DRC works partially through partners, also providing intensive capacity building support, while also conducting direct implementation.
About the Job
DRC is looking for a Case Management Assistant for its programme in Turkey. In close cooperation with Senior Project Officer and Protection Program Manager the Case Management Assistant is responsible for
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure circulating information between service providers on a local level on special needs funds guidelines, operation protocols and vulnerability criteria;
- Support mapping of local service providers & support the development of memorandums of understanding;
- Carry out training for front line social workers on special needs funds guidelines, operation protocols and vulnerability criteria.
- Manage a caseload of beneficiaries accessing SNF from the opening of the file to the closure of the case;
- Carry out verification visits;
- Support case referrals between agencies as needed;
- Ensure accurate data entry of all cases visited;
- Review all case assessments with the Case Management Officer;
- Take part in the committee deciding on SNF assistance for cases;
- Draft a SNF post assistance monitoring plan;
- Collaborate & coordinate with DRC partner and service providers and follow up on SNF assistance;
- Compile information and report on achievements.Report internally to the Case Management Officer on weekly and monthly achievements;
- Collaborate with other DRC team members when needed;
Any other duties as agreed with the DRC Case Management Officer.
To be successful in this role, you must have the following qualifications:
- University degree with advanced training/courses in Social work, sociology, psychosocial, or other related field;
- At least 2 years of relevant professional humanitarian experience with an international humanitarian aid organization with focus on psychosocial, community services and protection.
- Experience with case management protocols desirable
- Level of knowledge and practice with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Exceptional command (written and spoken) of English. Arabic is a must and Turkish is a plus.
- Understands rights and protection issues of refugees, children and women - experience working with Syrian refugees is an advantage;
- ** Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position**
- You have to hold a Turkish citizenship or residency or valid passport with valid visa (the residency application will be required at the moment of the recruitment)
Other Essential Competencies:
You should have excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, working with different groups, partners and nationalities. You should also have strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principles.
You should be flexible, enthusiastic and willingness to learn from others. You should have the ability to multitask and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines. You should have the ability to cope with high workload and stress and identify priority activities and assignments, and adjust priorities as required. You should have the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply, irrespective of nationality, race, gender or age.
What we offer:
DRC Turkey offers an employment contract of 8 months with the possibility of extension (depending on funding).The position will be based in Sanliurfa. We offer a fair compensation package depending on your qualification and experiences as well as additional allowances such as relocation allowance and living allowances, if applicable. DRC Turkey is income tax exempted. Furthermore, DRC Turkey provides training opportunities to develop and strengthen the quality of its services as well as its staff members’ professional and personal development.
Start date: 2nd May 2016.
Need further information?
You are welcome to contact the HR team, at email@example.com for more information about the position.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.ngo.
All applicants should send a cover letter and an updated CV no longer than four pages, both in the same language as the job vacancy. Your CV should also include contact details of three professional referees as well as your salary expectations.
Applications close 11 April 2016.
The interviews are expected to take place within 1 week to 10 days after the application closing. Due to the urgency of the position DRC Turkey reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff members are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework (https://www.drc.ngo/about-drc/vacancies/current-vacancies).
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Sanliurfa
- Grade: P-1, International Professional - Internationally recruited position - Junior level
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2016-04-11