DONOR´S SUPPORT & COMPLIANCE MANAGER
The “Donor´s Support and Compliance Manager” will be a member of the Programmes Department in Plan Spain and will report to the Director of International Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid Programs. The post holder will coordinate and ensure the following activities: to support donors´ requirements, to monitor execution of projects and final justification of funded projects. Results and donor orientation. Negotiation and Communication skills are also required. This position is based in Madrid and requires up to 60% international travel, sometimes with short notice. Applicants should have a valid work permit at the time of applying to enable them to work in Spain.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Guarantee that the fundraising team are fully supported with the project proposals:
· Provide technical support in the preparation and review of project proposal budgets.
· Support the fundraising team to ensure that project proposals for grants are in compliance with the rules and regulations as stipulated.
- Grant agreement administration:
· Review and provide input into the grant agreements
· Ensure that stakeholders understand: Their expected roles and responsibilities on the grants management team. The terms and conditions of the grant. Reporting requirements.
· For complex grants documents, ensure the internal controls and procedures that have been put in place to ensure compliance with the donor rules and regulations
· Ensure changes in the grant agreement are communicated to relevant stakeholders.
· Coordinate the close-out activities on both program and financial matters
- Grant financial management:
· Monitor and coordinate grant financial management and compliance including: Creating and reviewing of financial compliance checklist. Conducting initial assessment of financial management systems and provide extra training around fund accounting and reporting set up, compliance briefings, briefings on the importance of maintaining support documentation, etc., and report findings to stakeholders. Ensure reconciliation of grant actual expenditure vs. grant budget, grant receipts vs. actual expenditure and budget variance analysis.
· Review the donor financial and program reports and provide feedback to relevant staff prior to submission, ensuring these are timely, accurate and reliable.
· Ensure timely request for no-cost extension or budget realignment
- Grant monitoring
· Conduct visits to the field check on progress, consistency and level of compliance.
· Arrange, and or conduct training and capacity building to address grant management competency gaps.
· Proactively identify problem areas or potential problems, making recommendations to address issues before they impact the project; develop action plans and follow up with the stakeholders to ensure the problems have been addressed.
· Support relevant stakeholders in scheduling evaluation activities and selection of evaluation team (internal or external). In conjunction with the relevant stakeholders, review Terms of Reference and budget for external audits and evaluations.
· Coordinate the donor’s post-closing audit (evaluation and financial audit)
Work with stakeholders to respond to the audit findings and highlighted risks and project evaluation concerns.
· In order to build capacity, provide formal and informal training to stakeholders on how to identify potential risk, the impact of the risk and putting in place steps to mitigate risks in grant management
· Coordinate and provide input into all grant management related policies, provide interpretation of grant management policies to the relevant stakeholders and monitor compliance
· Master’s degree in business, finance or accounting
· 7+ years’ experience in grants and contracts administration, including the ability to understand financial reports and analyze financial variances
· 3+ years’ experience supervising staff
· Knowledge of donor requirements (especially EU, AECID, UN)
· Working knowledge of accounting principles
· Knowledge of legal issues particularly related to grant agreements and/or contracts in general
· Experience in Child Protection.
· International experience managing multi-cultural partners and stakeholders
· Work experience in Africa region desirable.
· Fluent in English and Spanish. French will be highly valuable.
Competencies associated to the position:
· Detail oriented, particularly with regard to donor agreements, contracts and other related legal documents.
· Solid negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.
· Good management skills (planning, organizing and monitoring)
· Strong writing skills (clear, concise and compelling)
· Ability to coordinate both financial and programmatic functions of grant management
· Ability to manage horizontally and vertically (professional / superiors/subordinates, peers, donors)
· Experience using MS Office Suite
Current remuneration (salary + benefits)
Desired salary / remuneration - please advise of minimum salary required and expected benefits
Notice period (in weeks and/or months)
Applicants should have a valid work permit at the time of applying to enable them to work in Spain.
HOW TO APPLY
ONLY APPLICATIONS THAT FULLFIT WITH THIS JOB DESCRIPTION WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please do not apply if your skills and experience do not fix with the mentioned requirements. In addition, aapplicants should have a valid work permit at the time of applying to enable them to work in Spain.
Please submit a full CV and a comprehensive cover letter setting out your reasons for applying for the post and outlining the qualifications experience knowledge and skills that you feel you can bring to the role to: email@example.com, indicating the reference PR-DSC-MAN-16 in the subject firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submissions: 29nd Abril 2016
IMPORTANT NOTE: Candidates that will not receive any response within two weeks after submission deadline, should notice that the application has not been considered.
- Organization: Plan International
- Location: Madrid
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- International Relations
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-04-29