ICT Officer (Srv Dlv Platform)
ICT Officer (Service Delivery - Platform)
The post is located within the Platform Section of the ICT Operations Service and reports directly to the Chief of the Platform Section, and assists in the service delivery of UNCHR Platform Services.
The incumbent is responsible for ensuring the various managed service providers' delivery of efficient and effective UNHCR's Platform systems and services.
The incumbent has regular contact with Managed Service Providers, with other Service Delivery Managers and Solution Architects in the Platform Section, as well as with staff in other sections of the ICT Operations Services and the rest of DIST.
UNHCR¿s ICT Platforms consist of all components required to deliver a Platform-as-a-Service, as per NIST Cloud Service Definition. These include UNHCR¿s Messaging, Collaboration, ERP and CRM platforms, Database Management Systems, Operating System and the Servers they run on, as well as key auxiliary systems such as Directory and Authentication services, Virtualization services, and Infrastructure Management and Monitoring services. For ICT platforms hosted in corporate data centers, the Platform Section is also responsible for all the underlying data center facilities and networking infrastructure. UNHCR ICT Platforms are hosted primarily in corporate data centers, and are managed and/or provisioned by external service providers. However, due to the nature of UNHCR Wide Area Network and its specific bandwidth and latency constraints, UNHCR will also host portions of the standard ICT platform in field operations scenarios. The components will also be under the responsibility of the Platform section to the extent that they remain remotely accessed and managed by the Platform Service providers.
- Platform service, change requests and problems are addressed and resolved promptly within agreed service levels.
- Service level agreements (SLAs) with service providers are managed and monitored.
- Change and release processes are managed and coordinated.
- Service provider invoices are reviewed and verified.
- Coordinate day-to-day operational decisions within area of responsibility.
- Oversee Platform service delivery to end-users, including monitoring and ensuring issues are resolved according to SLA.
- Act as an escalation point for end-user issues and work to resolve problems quickly.
- Lead the ¿Major Incident Management¿ process for services and facilities within the area of responsibility.
- Work closely with UNHCR service delivery managers and manage service partners to ensure problem management and root cause analysis is undertaken routinely leading to service improvement.
- Maintain appropriate communication channels with service providers and other relevant DIST staff.
- Measure and follow-up of SLAs and validation of intermediate and final results.
- Audit quality deliverables and process follow-up and reporting.
- Track and verify invoices from service providers and suppliers.
- Monitor, identify and resolve problems.
- Adopt best practices from across the enterprise and share solutions for cost-effective delivery.
- Provide updates (i.e. hourly, daily and/or weekly) when acting as Incident Manager.
- Undertake other tasks or assignments within area of competence as required.
- Allocate resources for tasks, problems, change and service requests.
- Decide on appropriate resolution of incidents / problems.
- Escalate issues to supervisor if incidents / problems cannot be resolved within area of responsibility.
- Take day-to-day operational decisions within area of responsibility.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- University degree in ICT or relevant subject.
- At least 8 years (6 years with advanced university degree) of experience in information technology of which 4 should be in managing service delivery of Platform Services to support decentralized IT operations in developing countries.
- Experience with service delivery of Platform services in a 24/7, "real-time" environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Platform technologies.
- Experience working with outsourced providers in delivering services based on service level agreements.
- Proven track record implementing and managing ITIL processes.
- Experience resolving problems, responding to and completing audit recommendations and actions.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of systems and processes within the United Nations.
- Experience in providing Platform Services to deep field locations.
- Working knowledge of any other UN language
C001L3 - Accountability Level 3
C002L3 - Teamwork & Collaboration Level 3
C003L3 - Communication Level 3
C004L3 - Commitment to Continuous Learning Level 3
C005L3 - Client & Result Orientation Level 3
C006L3 - Organizational Awareness Level 3
M001L3 - Empowering and Building Trust Level 3
M003L3 - Judgement and Decision Making Level 3
M006L3 - Managing Resources Level 3
X001L3 - Analytical Thinking Level 3
X004L3 - Negotiation and Conflict Resolution Level 3
X005L3 - Planning and Organizing Level 3
Please note that the closing date for all vacancies in the March 2016 Compendium is Monday 25 April 2016 (midnight Geneva time).
- Organization: UNHCR - United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: Amman
- Grade: P-3, International Professional
- Closing Date: 2017-06-07