Global Fund TB Manager - World Vision Somalia
World Vision is a humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 45,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Global Fund TB Manager – WV Somalia you will lead the implementation of the World Vision (WV) Tuberculosis (TB) program at the field level. He/she will drive the expansion of World Vision TB program. He or she will spearhead the establishment of 21 fully functional new TB facilities, and rehabilitation of 12 existing TB facilities. You will coordinate both internal and external stakeholders to identify sites and implementing partners; mobilize construction; establish diagnostic and treatment protocols; and kick-start drugs provision. You will also oversee successful implementation of TB grant activities in all TB management units. You will undertake regular monitoring of TB partners, pro-actively identifying challenges and proposing solutions to ensure on-time, on-target implementation. You will promote integrated programming, working with sub-recipients to create linkages with other health program (GAVI, JHNP) and the WV Food Assistance program.
- University degree in Public Health, or related disciplines.
- Those with university degree in Social sciences and certificate or Diploma in Public health will also be considered.
- At least 3-5 years project management experience with extensive government engagement experience.
- Knowledge and experience in TB and HIV / AIDS programming.
- Diploma/Certification in project management and will be an added advantage.
- Work environment: field-based with frequent travel to sub-office locations. c 0c
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Organization: World Vision
- Location: Mogadishu (Somalia)
- Grade: Mid level
- Public Health and Health Service
- Project and Programme Management
- HIV and AIDS
- Banking and Finance
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: 2016-04-18