Director of Market Development and Housing Policy
Habitat for Humanity Philippines (HFHP) is currently seeking a talented professional for the role of Market Development and Housing Policy Director. This key position will lead the work of HFHP to expand the market for affordable housing products, services and financing nationally through market development and housing policy related initiatives. Through market development, HFHP helps to make the housing market more competitive, efficient and inclusive. The position will oversee implementation of the market development strategy, including partnership development and project management, as well as housing policy initiatives that complement the market development approach. This person will strengthen the capacity of the Market Development and Advocacy teams and will be based out of the HFHP office in Manila, Philippines.
- Lead the development, implementation and scaling of the Market Development strategy in the Philippines, in alignment with regional and global strategies and priorities.
- Supervise, mentor and support the HFH Philippines Market Development team to successfully execute projects and engagements with private sector partners, government agencies and nonprofit organizations.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as Resource Development, HR and Finance, to secure contracts and deliver engagements.
- Coordinate the HFH Philippines Market Development team and external consultants to produce a housing market value chain analysis. Use the study results to develop a long-term strategy.
- Ensure high quality implementation of engagements and client satisfaction by overseeing partnership agreements, project management, monitoring and evaluation, and donor reporting.
- Collaborate with the regional and global Market Development teams to obtain funding, develop strategy and align project implementation methodology.
- Support knowledge management and share leanings to develop and standardize best practices for market development activities regionally and globally.
- Analyze the housing regulatory framework in the country and highlight gaps or bottlenecks that produce inefficiencies in the low income housing market, in order to identify entry points, for HFHP to facilitate market development-focused housing policy interventions.
- Identify existing pro-poor housing policies, , public budget allocations, smart subsidy opportunities, within the policy enforcing mechanisms , that can facilitate financial resources for housing for low income families.
- Coordinate advocacy activities with key law makers and government agencies to streamline processes for private sector-led implementation of housing developments.
- Identify organizations involved in advocacy related to pro-poor housing policy, in order to identify strategic partners or coalition building.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration between public and private stakeholders—including government agencies—to streamline the approval of housing projects.
- Advocate with key law makers in regards to the allocation of budget for housing related activities including financial institutions/banks going down market.
-Master’s degree in business administration, finance, economics, international development or related areas.
-At least five (5) years of work experience, including supervisory roles, in one or more areas of market development such as capital mobilization, value chain analysis, proposal development, program design, program management or impact evaluation.
-Experience working with the regulatory environment in the Philippines that impact the housing sector.
-Proven track record of success in managing projects related to market development or value chain initiatives.
-Experience in providing advisory or consulting services to private sector enterprises or government agencies.
-Excellent business judgment and strong analytical and problem solving skills to identify issues and present creative, practical solutions.
-Leadership skills to assemble and mentor a high-performing team.
-Self-motivated, possesses a positive outlook, flexible and able to work without close supervision and under pressure.
-Strong communication and presentation skills (written and oral).
-Willingness to travel domestically up to 40% of the time and globally as required.
Candidates, please submit your cover letter and application at: http://www.habitat.org/job/director-market-development-and-housing-policy
- Organization: Habitat for Humanity
- Location: Manila
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-05-06